Crossbow Nation banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
2,473 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In a small box? Begins with an R and ends with a 6. LOL.

This little sling shot sure will pack nicely.
I have some reading to do and look forward to turning the crank and squeezing the first shot off. Any insite and tips will be greatly appreciated. In the mean time I'm going to read up and get some sleep. Been a long evening.

·
Premium Member
518 Posts
Congratulations! Its a nice little package for sure! The little bows are deadly accurate and consistent. I would say it takes all the fun out of it... But it doesn't! It is nice to have a bow that just consistently shoots great.

There are some nice accessories out there for changing the crank location position and maybe the quiver location. BigBird on this site makes some nice custom stuff for our bows and Wyvern has some munch mounts that work also.

Reactions: dynamo61

·
Premium Member
3,011 Posts
In a small box? Begins with an R and ends with a 6. LOL.

This little sling shot sure will pack nicely.
I have some reading to do and look forward to turning the crank and squeezing the first shot off. Any insite and tips will be greatly appreciated. In the mean time I'm going to read up and get some sleep. Been a long evening.
Congrats, we love our R26.
Compact, accurate and packs a wallop.
Have fun!

Reactions: philztoy

·
Registered
130 Posts
Congrats on the R26. That's a nifty little crossbow! :)

·
Registered
2,473 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks all! I'm debating on what optics to put on it now. I was going to use the jack plate I have and a red dot but the jack plate seems to be too wide to fit the rail snug. Not sure I want to use a shim to get her to tighten up. As of now I would rather stick with some type of red dot rather than having a scope on it.

·
Registered
2,473 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
This is the first 3 shots at 50 after sighting in at 20. Arrows are cut down from factory length. Cut them back 2 1/2 " and glued in some stainless inserts that weight 110 grains. I was shooting off a Caldwell tripod that's a bit shaky. Oh and I have the factory ravin scope mounted for now until I decide what I'm going to do. I don't care for it because of the circle dots. No level was used.

Attachments

·
Registered
13,065 Posts
Looks good to me. I have not used a jack plate but I have read that you have to tighten them down really tight.
I used a thin strip of neoprene rubber to shim some rings that were a tad to wide and they have not moved after several years of usage.

·
Registered
2,473 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks Robert. I thought about trying to tighten it up good. I just dont want to bend it or break the bolts. It could be they are made with to much tolerance or the r26 bridged rail is a little narrower than the others.

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
My recommendation to see how good your bow shoots. Shoot same bolt at clean cardboard on target with 2” target dot 3 times. Look at group made by holes. Aim at top center edge of dot. Then repeat again using clean cardboard same distances with other bolts. Good way to find out which bolts are subpar or not.

·
Registered
2,473 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
My recommendation to see how good your bow shoots. Shoot same bolt at clean cardboard on target with 2” target dot 3 times. Look at group made by holes. Aim at top center edge of dot. Then repeat again using clean cardboard same distances with other bolts. Good way to find out which bolts are subpar or not.
I didnt get to culling yet but they dont look bad for a shaky rest and the first 3 shots at 50. I was happy with that, that's for sure. The timing settled after the first 5 or six shots out of the bow. The timing mark's on the cams look identical from one side to the other. I just dont know where they should be.

That was just a sight in. I shot those same 3 arrows again and they are consistant to the same poi. I have them marked. Its obvious to me the little devil shoots very well. I'm really impressed for how small and compact it is.

·
Registered
2,473 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Offhand or benched? That's some good stuff right out of the gate.
Neither. Shot from the deadshot fieldpod. If I was on the bench I believe It would have shot even better. The deadshot isnt the sturdiest thing to be shooting off of.

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
Look around on this subforum. There are threads/posts,pics, and vidoes talking about proper setup of Ravins. Remember R26 ata is shorter than the rest of the models currently made. You have a press yet??? You might consider getting one.

·
Registered
2,473 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Look around on this subforum. There are threads/posts,pics, and vidoes talking about proper setup of Ravins. Remember R26 ata is shorter than the rest of the models currently made. You have a press yet??? You might consider getting one.
I have the crossbow easy press and the adapter to press it.

I been looking around for the info. Every chance I get.

·
Registered
130 Posts
I have the jackplate on my R29X. It seemed a bit loose to me too, when I first started to put it on. But after I snugged the bolts down good, it grabbed hold of the rail. I loc-tighted the bolts also. So hopefully it won't move. As for the scope, I got the 1-8X from Wyvern along with the Sniper package. I've got an "other" scope on my "other" crossbow that came with that package. And it has the rings in the scope. I too, don't care much for the rings. Those are a bit larger than the scopes that come with the Ravins. But have killed both deer and pigs with it. I'd like to get a good fine crosshair scope with a lighted center dot, Zero Stop, and adjustable objective. That way I could dial the shot. And less weight of the jack plate. But I don't want to spend the same amount of $$$$ that I've already spent on the Ravin 😂. Not yet, anyway. :oops:

·
Registered
2,473 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
It adds up fast. I might try the jack plate one more time. I just hate to have it move on me and not know it. If I do try it and it tightens up I'm going to take it back off and put some GE II cocking on it than remount. Used it on my Scorpyd rail and I can take the bolts completely out and not worry about a poi change. That stuff works great and is easy to remove. Crappie Tom suggested it years ago.

1 - 20 of 49 Posts