Crossbow Nation banner
21 - 40 of 65 Posts

·
Registered
14,350 Posts
The part that turns into fox bait.
Really nice to see you posting on here Jeff! Guess you are feeling a little better?? 🙏
I was about to say scraps saved for coyote bait. I certainly hope it isnt something you was saving to eat yourself. HA!:)

Reactions: Boo

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
I was about to say scraps saved for coyote bait. I certainly hope it isnt something you was saving to eat yourself. HA!:)
Idk if even a coyote would eat that! You know its some rough meat when its turning the paper towel brown. Would hate to see what the other side looks like. :sick:🤢🤮

·
2,265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #32 ·
Ok gentlemen, this was a trick. Many of you have been following a thread started by a good friend of mine Steve (SEW), titled Jeff Anderson, related to a lung transplant I received on June 3rd. The photo is one that my surgeon took of my original right lung affected with emphysema. This is the result of me smoking a total of 32 years out of my 70 years of life. God blessed me with another chance at life. PLEASE DO NOT SMOKE my friends, and thank you for your prayers.

·
Registered
1,491 Posts
Ok gentlemen, this was a trick. Many of you have been following a thread started by a good friend of mine Steve (SEW), titled Jeff Anderson, related to a lung transplant I received on June 3rd. The photo is one that my surgeon took of my original right lung affected with emphysema. This is the result of me smoking a total of 32 years out of my 70 years of life. God blessed me with another chance at life. PLEASE DO NOT SMOKE my friends, and thank you for your prayers.
Funny how this effects us all differently.
I have been smoking for 50 years now and it's just started to catch up with me. Time to move on myself.

Thats a heck of an operation you went through. Happy for you.
Keep those new ones on the straight and narrow :)

·
Registered
7,002 Posts
I quit smoking in 1985.

I smoked about 2 packs a day. At at $7 a pack now days I don’t know how people can afford it.

That would be $14 a day or $420 a month. I could buy a new truck for the kind of money.

·
11,688 Posts
I hate ... trick questions ...lol For some inexplicable reason, never smoked anything, ever. Odd because I think every guy in the neighborhood except one other kid smoked as teenagers. Never saw the sense to it.

I did collect cigarette boxes for about a year or so though. Probably about 13 years old? The guys would savem for me, and with nothing to do I'd would walk the streets picking them up. Collected over 2,000! Then one day in an act more fitting my character, piled them in the big fireplace that my grandfather built in the 1950s, tossed a coffee can of gasoline on them, and threw in a match. First match went out in flight. That loss of time allowed a moment of lucidity to enter this Frederico Flellini like scene. A dim light bulb to go on in my head and I moved to the side for the next flaming match toss over the side walls and wing of the structure into the firebox. God must have already liked me because hundreds of those boxes must have trapped gasoline fumes and they went up in a flaming explosion and hellacious roar. The concussion blew a heavy picnic table about 8 feet away sideways and sent a Challenger like pyre of burning cigarette boxes exploding out of the firebox. The double 8"x8" fireplace chimneys roared flames and half burned boxes about 20' in the air too. Not sure what would have happened if the first match lit it off with me standing right in front of the incendiary fireball 4 feet away? Gotta think it wouldn't abeen partey though.

Yeah, nothing good comes from smoking! The packaging can even killya. :rolleyes: ;)

·
Registered
687 Posts
That hits home. I lost one of my best friends and hunting buddy because of smoking. He got small cell lung cancer and they pretty much beat it up but the stuff went to his brain and a short time later GAME OVER. Most folks that smoke all say the same thing, it can't happen to me but it does. Everyone is different but years ago when butts were made of real tobacco I guess you could get away with puffing every day. Once big money got involved and unnatural things were placed as fillers with the tobacco bad things started to happen. The price alone should tell most to stay away.

·
Crossbow Nut
3,793 Posts
I started smoking at around 17 (they were 27 cents a pack then) and with the Lord's help, managed to quit at 30. I tried many times before, even quitting once for 2 years, then stupidly went back to smoking. BOTHERED ME EVERY DAY. Most can't comprehend what a powerful addiction smoking (at least for me) is, and as Running Buck pointed out, are in denial about what its final cost is.
When I was a kid, I observed that an awful lot of people 45 - 65 were dropping like flies, but never connected the dots back then that they were smokers.

21 - 40 of 65 Posts