Crossbow Nation banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for a bolt that comes in lighter than 400 with a 100gr point, and came across the Hammerfist Hobo Archery "Super Fast" which weighs 350gr with a 100gr point. Spine is 300 and "straightness is +/- .003... many are less than .002." With a 125gr point that should put it near 375gr, which is closer to the CP factory bolt, which the CP factory scope is tuned for ... supposedly. $20 for 6 doesn't feel like I'd be out alot if they were a bust.

Tried the search feature, so figured I'd just ask - anyone have any experience with these? Thanks!

HF

·
Registered
797 Posts
How much will you be out if the limbs on your bow fail. When shooting light weight arrows it's almost a simulated dry fire. Also, with light weight arrows you loose adequate FOC for accuracy and momentum for pass thru shots. Be safe!

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
How much will you be out if the limbs on your bow fail. When shooting light weight arrows it's almost a simulated dry fire. Also, with light weight arrows you loose adequate FOC for accuracy and momentum for pass thru shots. Be safe!
250gr arrow plus 125gr point = 375gr. These would be shot from a CP 415. My understanding is that in order to get the 415fps claim, CP used a 375gr total weight arrow, so my assumption is that these would be the within the weight specs of the bow, should work with the stock scope, and not lead to any of the issues you suggest.

But it sounds like you're saying that's incorrect?

·
Registered
797 Posts
Speed sells. The majority of bow manufacturers push the limits to get the advertised speed. AND most bows will not achieve that advertised speed. Trying to maximize speed will lead to significant maintenance costs. Physics can be your friend or your enemy. Good Luck with your decision.

Reactions: heldfast

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Their website says they weigh 397gr with a 100gr head, on average.
They also sell a super fast model at 350 with 100gr head, and a heavy weight at 520 with a 125gr head. Have you used them?

·
Registered
225 Posts
250gr arrow plus 125gr point = 375gr. These would be shot from a CP 415. My understanding is that in order to get the 415fps claim, CP used a 375gr total weight arrow, so my assumption is that these would be the within the weight specs of the bow, should work with the stock scope, and not lead to any of the issues you suggest.

But it sounds like you're saying that's incorrect?
got a sniper 370,originally the arrows that came with it weighed 370 or less but all their arrows now weigh 400,why?.... i was looking for some lite weight arrows myself to mess with thanks for the lead on hobo's,but generator is giving you good advice,i would imagine that lighter arrows would produce more stress on limbs etc.and then the hobo's must be pretty thin to get 250 gr!...they just didn't invent a new super carbon,how durable are they going to be ?its up to you to go out on a limb:)and your foc should be great with a 125 gr tip

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I wound up ordering 6 of their 297gr arrows, to use with 100gr mechanicals. Only thing I have on hand to compare them to are the factory arrows that came with the package, but I'd be happy if they shot the same for the price.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
They came in just now; weights are 307.2 to 308, about 10gr heavier than expected.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
For comparison: CP factory arrow with included 100gr target point. [Pink residue on fletching is from shooting into a buddy's layered foam target at 20yds; about a foot was sticking out the backside of that target. Clearly the speed bag can take it, especially since this is at 7yds.]

Hobo Archery Hammerfist 20" .003 carbon, using same CP target point as factory arrow. 5gr heavier.

Got 6 for $20 delivered. So far so good!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts