Crossbow Nation banner

21 - 40 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
3" groups at 40 turns into 6-8" groups at 60+ so that's not really that great lol. I think for the price a person would be better off to get the zombies
At $25 a dozen I put together a dozen at like $2.10 an arrow vs $8.33 for zombie slayers. For ranges under 50 yards they're adequate especially for high risk for loss shots like small game between 20-30 yards.

I'll continue to use zombie slayers primarily but these are a good option for the money.

·
Registered
2017 Sliverado
174 Posts
At $25 a dozen I put together a dozen at like $2.10 an arrow vs $8.33 for zombie slayers. For ranges under 50 yards they're adequate especially for high risk for loss shots like small game between 20-30 yards.

I'll continue to use zombie slayers primarily but these are a good option for the money.
They're about 40 now I believe for the midweight. But yes for the money that's good I just hunt spots where I can shoot 80-100 and my bow will do that with the right arrow. 3" at 40 would be alot at that range.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Had a nock pop off a Hobo Archery Hammerfist today after a clean pass through on a buck, and the last 1/2" of the shaft is split. About a 20yd shot, clean through, into mud right after a rain storm, and the broadhead showed no dent or scratch as if from hitting a rock. That shaft has been fired into a target before, so I don't think the impact of the string on the nock did that, especially since it was well secured in place by the ball bearing retention, with no "jump". Makes me think the impact into mud was sufficient to cause the split, in which case I am less than excited about buying more. For the same reason I went with a lower cost arrow, I do not want inherently disposable arrows ... if that's the case. Another one lost two vanes going through a well worn out decocking target; while other arrows have not done so, I will still call that my fault. I am rotating the remaining Hammerfists out of primary position in the quiver, until I'm convinced that was a freak situation.

·
Registered
2017 Sliverado
174 Posts
Had a nock pop off a Hobo Archery Hammerfist today after a clean pass through on a buck, and the last 1/2" of the shaft is split. About a 20yd shot, clean through, into mud right after a rain storm, and the broadhead showed no dent or scratch as if from hitting a rock. That shaft has been fired into a target before, so I don't think the impact of the string on the nock did that, especially since it was well secured in place by the ball bearing retention, with no "jump". Makes me think the impact into mud was sufficient to cause the split, in which case I am less than excited about buying more. For the same reason I went with a lower cost arrow, I do not want inherently disposable arrows ... if that's the case. Another one lost two vanes going through a well worn out decocking target; while other arrows have not done so, I will still call that my fault. I am rotating the remaining Hammerfists out of primary position in the quiver, until I'm convinced that was a freak situation.
Where did you hit the deer? 3 of the 5 I bought had a gap in between the nock and the end of the shaft and wasn't properly seated. He's supposed to be sending me some that's fixed up right. They shoot decent out to 50 and that's as far as I've went. Fixing to do more testing on them tomorrow

·
Registered
1,822 Posts
Weight for 5 bolts was 393.4 393.1 393.0 392.9 392.6. Pretty consistent
Yes. They claim all within 1 gr. But they do not publish their straightness on all the arrows. That matters too.

·
Registered
684 Posts
The damage to your arrow sure sounds like a partial dry fire.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
The damage to your arrow sure sounds like a partial dry fire.
Am I correct to assume that would be from the arrow not seated fully rearward? Would that sound different as well, louder perhaps? It seemed louder than usual, but I was focused on the shot at the time.

·
Registered
2017 Sliverado
174 Posts
After sending about 30 of these down range unless you're shooting only 20-30 yards max these are not impressing me. Very inconsistent at 50 and that's shooting from a rest. Put the factory arrows back in and went to hitting quarters again

·
Registered
2017 Sliverado
174 Posts
After sending about 30 of these down range unless you're shooting only 20-30 yards max these are useless. Very inconsistent at 50 and that's shooting from a rest. Put the factory arrows back in and went to hitting quarters again
Could've been me but I was only shooting 3 and one would be dead on then 8" high then 8" to the left then low sometimes but never right lol. I'm pretty sure it was the arrows but I ran out of light.....it had me worried about my bow so I shot 2 factory ones at 30 in the head lights and they were touching then I shot 2 hammerfist at 30 and one was dead nuts then the other was 6"left. He's on his way to building a good product but likes a little. For $4 an arrow it was worth the testing to see. He's supposed to be sending more bc a few inserts weren't seated properly and seemed they weren't cut square. He said he would address this issue and send me some built right so we will see. Think I'm fixing to break down and get some executioners.

·
Registered
2017 Sliverado
174 Posts
UPDATE : He sent me some more arrows and I shot 3 of them on my lunch at 50 and they grouped inside a of a baseball which is great and could've been me on the spacing, this is with his heavier bolts weighing in at about 393 grains a piece without a head. He also sent me 3 of his mid weight arrows that are supposed to weigh about 295 without a head to try out and at 50 they had similar groupings and this batch of arrows looks better as far as the seating of the insert and the squareness of the ends. I'm still waiting on my brother to verify the straightness of them when he gets time at work. All in all he seems like a very straight up guy and will work with you if there are issues with the arrows and they're at a great price for hunting arrows. I will definitely be a repeat customer of his bc he's great to deal with and I don't think anything you can buy at a dept store will beat these, maybe some black eagles or customs would.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #38
UPDATE : He sent me some more arrows and I shot 3 of them on my lunch at 50 and they grouped inside a of a baseball which is great and could've been me on the spacing, this is with his heavier bolts weighing in at about 393 grains a piece without a head. He also sent me 3 of his mid weight arrows that are supposed to weigh about 295 without a head to try out and at 50 they had similar groupings and this batch of arrows looks better as far as the seating of the insert and the squareness of the ends. I'm still waiting on my brother to verify the straightness of them when he gets time at work. All in all he seems like a very straight up guy and will work with you if there are issues with the arrows and they're at a great price for hunting arrows. I will definitely be a repeat customer of his bc he's great to deal with and I don't think anything you can buy at a dept store will beat these, maybe some black eagles or customs would.
How much of a point of impact difference have you seen between the midweights and the heavies? I’m thinking my next order will be heavies but I don’t have a good place to shoot them at distance to get a sense of the drop.

·
Registered
2017 Sliverado
174 Posts
How much of a point of impact difference have you seen between the midweights and the heavies? I’m thinking my next order will be heavies but I don’t have a good place to shoot them at distance to get a sense of the drop.
I haven't shot the mids but 3 times and two were touching nearly and the other was about 2" off which could've been me

Did you mean like poi between the mid and heavy at 50 or the grouping just for the mids. If the first then the heavys hit about 4- 6" lower than the mids at 50. I have no chronograph close to check the speeds but 60 will be my max shooting as far as hunting, unless a world record steps out at 80-100😂. I got the heavy bc I got a ton of 100 grain heads I need to use and on the mids I would run 125s for extra weight and foc and I only have 2 of the 125 heads left.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #40
The drop was what I was interested in thanks!

21 - 40 of 43 Posts