Crossbow Nation banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 112 Posts

·
10,163 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
To all you patriots out there. Still the greatest nation the world has ever seen. And while Black Lives Matter is trying to demonize anything southern, when I was a little kid our famous 4th of July parade here up north used to sell about 6" x10" American flags on sticks AND the Stars & Bars! These protesters are trying to take our freedom via "social change."

·
Registered
Nemesis 480 & DeathStalker 380, I live near Greensburg PA. I enjoy building custom strings
7,308 Posts
These are confusing times. I don't even think I consider myself an American citizen, subconsciously, when i have a look around and see whats going on with our country. I don't want to be associated with all the demoralizing events. But, I know in my heart I'm more American than these protesters, who are actually terrorists ...

·
Registered
1,001 Posts
Happy Birthday America!

Some growing pains still going on but hopefully we will get through them. I don't agree with all that is happening and am worried about the future of this nation for my daughter and grand daughter. Freedoms that we take for granted are being threatened and I don't know what that future looks like. I pray for God's blessings and goodness to heal our fractured land.

·
5,143 Posts
Many have had to make great sacrifices to make this great experiment (Democracy) and to keep it going and successful. Both veterans and non-veterans should join together are now in a fight for the survival of our country. We are in a civil war! Enemies of democracy are using this social unrest to advance their agenda.

‘How to be patriotic today? Love others, live as a good example, help others, look for opportunities to lift others up, and VOTE in November.

Thanks Duke for starting this thread.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Gentlemen, sometimes you must put yourself in someone else's shoes to understand their plight. Your plight maybe different than theirs. Doesn't make anyone right or wrong just different. Happy 4th of July!

·
Registered
744 Posts
Happy 4th of July.
I think most of us would agree that there is much darkness in this country these days. There is only one answer to the darkness...darkness must flee when light shines. Let your light shine.
God bless America. 🙏

·
1,868 Posts
Many have had to make great sacrifices to make this great experiment (Democracy) and to keep it going and successful. Both veterans and non-veterans should join together are now in a fight for the survival of our country. We are in a civil war! Enemies of democracy are using this social unrest to advance their agenda.

‘How to be patriotic today? Love others, live as a good example, help others, look for opportunities to lift others up, and VOTE in November.

Thanks Duke for starting this thread.
Yes. A civil war between the Patriots (us) and the "Man-Bun Millennials".
Makes me sad and it shows that so many Millennials did not have much discipline or any true history lessons growing up.
Happy 4th and I pray this holiday will survive.

·
10,163 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Gentlemen, sometimes you must put yourself in someone else's shoes to understand their plight. Your plight maybe different than theirs. Doesn't make anyone right or wrong just different. Happy 4th of July!
Nice sentiment … but taken from an idealistic point of view. Unfortunately sometimes the other guys shoes are being worn by someone who IS wrong!

·
1,868 Posts
We do know what is in "someone else's shoes". That is precisely why we are bothered, sad and angry. A good fix would be to have these people who are in "other shoes", to spend a few years in the military. They might learn something like pride, honor, respect, patriotism and a feeling of being blessed to live in the greatest country in the world.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Nice sentiment … but taken from an idealistic point of view. Unfortunately sometimes the other guys shoes are being worn by someone who IS wrong!
View attachment 180956
Let's agree to disagree. I have worn those shoes. I know many who have. Hence my saying your plight maybe different than my plight. Just a tid bit here: I have been pulled out of my car guns drawn...no reason other than who I am. The reason "oh your tag light is out". I was driving a spanking new 10 day old corvette. Spotted the cop at a red light. Sure enough pulled me over guns drawn. I have witnessed cross burnings, I have been singled out for drugs (no reason other than who I am) all while going to college to be an engineer. I have many other truths just like this. There are many others with these truths. So yes, your plight maybe much different than mine. As I am sure many others are. Instead of looking the other way try understanding what others are saying. There is a lot of truth in what they are saying. Just because you haven't witnessed it doesn't mean it isn't there.

·
Registered
34 Posts
We do know what is in "someone else's shoes". That is precisely why we are bothered, sad and angry. A good fix would be to have these people who are in "other shoes", to spend a few years in the military. They might learn something like pride, honor, respect, patriotism and a feeling of being blessed to live in the greatest country in the world.
[/QU

Tell that to my grandfather. He fought in WWll all to come home to an America who hated him. Really guys ....your truth maybe much different than others.

·
Registered
Nemesis 480 & DeathStalker 380, I live near Greensburg PA. I enjoy building custom strings
7,308 Posts
There is alot of stereo typing and prejudices in the world. You cannot argue that ... It all does need to go away...

·
1,868 Posts
Let's agree to disagree. I have worn those shoes. I know many who have. Hence my saying your plight maybe different than my plight. Just a tid bit here: I have been pulled out of my car guns drawn...no reason other than who I am. The reason "oh your tag light is out". I was driving a spanking new 10 day old corvette. Spotted the cop at a red light. Sure enough pulled me over guns drawn. I have witnessed cross burnings, I have been singled out for drugs (no reason other than who I am) all while going to college to be an engineer. I have many other truths just like this. There are many others with these truths. So yes, your plight maybe much different than mine. As I am sure many others are. Instead of looking the other way try understanding what others are saying. There is a lot of truth in what they are saying. Just because you haven't witnessed it doesn't mean it isn't there.
I assume that you are of a different color. To me, we are all children of God and I consider every human being as my brother or sister. That being said, while America is a great country, it is not perfect and neither are all who live in it. The cops or others who treat you wrong, are the ones that have the most to learn. This country has a history. Some of it good, some of it bad. When some want to erase that history by ripping down statues and burning down our history are only eliminating the history that we need to learn from to get better.

·
Registered
2,462 Posts
I’ve been in a lot of countries is different parts of the world. We don’t do it perfect, but we do it better than the others. No offense to our northern neighbors because I’ve enjoyed visiting there. This lighted flag permanently lights up my RV lot each night whether I’m there or not.
EB77957B-E7ED-47C6-AA58-C7B9A539951B.jpeg

1 - 20 of 112 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.