Crossbow Nation banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 101 Posts

·
Excalibur Representative
40 Posts
Ah, yes...I remember you. That's how we keep our rope cocker stock topped up, we just forget to give them back to customers:D! Hope everything is well with the last scope we replaced for you.

Peter

·
87 Posts
Everything is more than OK, I switched to the Lumi-zone (with help from a friend and the Bow Shop), and have not looked back since. The scope is impressive for it's cost, so is the fact that at 10am when my first one went defective you guys had me back on the range by noon.:)

·
Excalibur Representative
40 Posts
Hi,

The Relayer Y25 crossbow has been an amazing success and a high percentage have already been sold to dealers around the world. Although, many dealers bought extra to have available for when we get closer to hunting season. I would suggest if anybody is interested in buying one of these unique crossbows they do it during the off season. I have a feeling as the model gets more scarce the price will go up.

Peter

·
Hunter
6,187 Posts
Relayer y25

I have seen two or three Relayer y25 on E-Bay.

·
Excalibur Representative
40 Posts
Yup, some retailers can't help themselves and stick pretty much everything on Ebay. Each retailer only got a very small amount of Relayer Y25's so as they sell there will be few left to put on Ebay but who knows.

Peter

·
11,568 Posts
Why would they sell them on Ebay

at prices that seem to be dangerously close to what a dealer might pay for them? :mad:

·
Excalibur Representative
40 Posts
I hear ya...Ebay is a great place for consumers but a night mare for manufacturers and retailers. Quite a few of the guys selling our stuff on ebay are not even dealers and we have no idea who they are or where the product comes from, for all we know it could be stolen:eek:. Some of the prices make no sense what so ever, all they do is give us ulcers!

Peter

·
Banned
364 Posts
Seems to me that if these bows being sold on Ebay have warranty registration cards that are completed and sent in, you would be able to tell where they came from.
I would hope that Excal has records of where and to who their CB's are shipped.

Hard to imagine a person being able to get N.I.B Excals to sell on Ebay at such low prices. They have to be making money, nobody just trade dollars

The honest stocking dealers are the ones who really sufffer as they can't compete and make any profit. If they can't make a profit the either quit selling the product and sell some other product or go out of business.

·
175 Posts
Hey Griz,

I've owned several Excalibur's and none of them came with a warranty card nor do any of them have serial numbers on them. When I bought my first Excal I looked all over the crossbow for a serial number and couldn't find one. So I emailed customer service inquiring about a warranty card and where to locate the serial number. I received a very prompt reply from their customer service telling me they do not put serial numbers on their crossbows and if it is a crossbow made by Excalibur they warrant it. Great customer service and warranty for the consumer but terrible in keeping track of one especially if it gets stolen.

·
Banned
364 Posts
Hmmm, It's good that the warranty is "no questions asked" but no accountability of what boiw goes where and to whom is a bit disappointing. I think I would be putting some kind of traceable number on an Excal if I owned one!

·
175 Posts
You said it "Griz". You would think that a crossbow costing as much as the Excals do they would have serial numbers. Everything I own with a serial number has been put on a list kept in two different locations. The items I own with high value, either sentimental or monetary, that doesn't have a serial number has an identifying number in places not visable to the average person. I had some slimeball hunter steal one of my original Jim Baker (Baker Treestands) aluminum ladder stand off of private property I have been allowed to hunt and it was gone for nine years. I was in a new local sporting goods store last fall that sells items on consignment and I saw it for sale. After talking with the owner and proving it was mine by numbers I had added, it was returned to me. Unfortunately, due to the long amount of time there was no way to "legally" prove who had originally stole it but I got it back with no cost to me and being aluminum it is stll in very good shape.

Regardless, you still can't be the warranty of the Excalibur products.

·
224 Posts
Excalibur Marketing Dude said:
Hi,

The Relayer Y25 crossbow has been an amazing success and a high percentage have already been sold to dealers around the world. Although, many dealers bought extra to have available for when we get closer to hunting season. I would suggest if anybody is interested in buying one of these unique crossbows they do it during the off season. I have a feeling as the model gets more scarce the price will go up.

Peter
Thanks Peter....much appreciated.

Pete

·
Excalibur Representative
40 Posts
There are some very good reasons why we don't put serial numbers on our crossbows. In Ontario and other states and Provinces governments were going to dump crossbows into the firearm registration programs which requires a serial number. Having all our crossbows with serial numbers would just make it that much easier for some of these governments to make owners register thier crossbows. We get a bit perinoid with this kind of stuff so it was easier just to not serial number everything.

Peter

·
115 Posts
I know that in one state (Nebraska) they do make you register them even if they don't have a serial number, and the police departments seem to take pleasure in doing a minor deface of the cosmetic look of the CB by scratching their own number on it. I was told this by a friend of mine in Nebraska who was slightly torqued at the way they marred his crossbow.

1 - 20 of 101 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.