Crossbow Nation banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
shattered nocks

I shoot a Darton Impact and recently , while shooting Easton aluminum arrows with plastic nocks, the plastic nocks have been shattering. Is there something I'm doing with the crossbow that is causing this? Any suggestions you have to stop this from happening would be appreciated. Thank You.

·
Registered
1 Posts
There is a couple of factors that I need to ask you, Are you using moon nocks? Are you using the correct weight of arrow recommended for the bow? and What length arrow are you using?

·
327 Posts
Ideal arrow weight to minimize noise

What is the best arrow weight to use in an Impact to achive the quietiest performace? Also, can you tell me the decibel rating of the Darton Impact? The one I fired seemed really quiet and I was curious.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Sorry for the delay Darton 1950

I am using moon nocks in 22" Easton 2219 arrows with a total weight of about 480 grains. I adjusted the arrow retention clip and it seems to have corrected the problem. When I would aim the crossbow downward, I think the arrow was sliding forward slightly and when the string slammed into the nock it was shattering it. You may know better than I, if this is possible or if I just had a few bad nocks, since, now, everything seems fine. Thank You for your response.

·
327 Posts
I have a question for the Darton Rep. How long does it take Darton to process a Visa number. I gave them my information on Wed. so I could get my xbow back. I just got off the phone with Darton today and they still have NOT run the numbers and my bow has NOT been shipped.

I know the work has been completed because Darton called on Tuesday looking for payment.

·
327 Posts
Sparhawk said:
I have a question for the Darton Rep. How long does it take Darton to process a Visa number. I gave them my information on Wed. so I could get my xbow back. I just got off the phone with Darton today and they still have NOT run the numbers and my bow has NOT been shipped.

I know the work has been completed because Darton called on Tuesday looking for payment.
Well, The Crossbow arrived yesterday... one word... awesome !!! I'll be having some fun this weekend :)

·
473 Posts
darton inpact

hello Darton

i recently acquired a darton impact and was wondering what the

factory recommended arrows are and their respective weights .

for carbon and aluminum options also flat nocks or moons?

any other things i need to know?

inquiring minds need to know ...........

·
Registered
5 Posts
Specs on Darton Bows

I am looking for specs on all Darton bows but the Darton web site only shows the new lightning and blazer models. Does anyone know where to find a complete listing of all Darton bows and their specifications?

·
473 Posts
specs

2 sources i know of

on the darton site go to the tech link and it give some more data

and googl arrow in apple it is a german site that specilizes in upper tier

crossbows and you can compare all aspects side to sde ..

apples to apples lol

happy day

·
137 Posts
Darton Dealer . . . Where are you

I'm looking for a Darton xbow dealer in NE OH or NW PA. I'm located in McKean, PA, just south of Erie. I'd like to take a look at the new Darton xbow but can't find a dealer near us.

·
473 Posts
darton dealer

hey

you can find darton dealers by going to dartonarchery.com
and click on the sidebar tab for dealers

take care:cool:

·
61 Posts
I have a question for a Darton rep if they are still helping out!

I just bought an Eastman X-Force 800 PRO crossbow that I have been told is almost entirely made out of Darton parts, it sure does look like it. Anyway, I have seen pics of the Darton Phazer and see that it has some sort of a rubber looking piece that is on the arrow retention arm that is not on my Eastman. You can see a picture of it in this pic:

Do you know where I can get this piece or the entire arrow retention arm that has one on it? I am sure this has a lot to due with quieting the bow. Thanks!

·
1,525 Posts
Texaslawdawg

I have a Darton Lightning too. Contact Darton Archery and I believe they will help you out.

Yes, it is like a Limb Saver silencer to quiet the twang of the spring.

·
1,223 Posts
Texas -

Some of your problem may not be the retension spring making noise on it's own...it may be that the spring has too much pressure on it and the noise you hear is the spring smacking the rail/track and making the bulk of the sound you hear.
In this case, the silencer won't help much.

As I recall, under your scope/sight, there is a set screw that tensions the retension spring. If it's there, try lightening the load so it doesn't smack the rail so hard.

Mike

·
61 Posts
Mike said:
Texas -

Some of your problem may not be the retension spring making noise on it's own...it may be that the spring has too much pressure on it and the noise you hear is the spring smacking the rail/track and making the bulk of the sound you hear.
In this case, the silencer won't help much.

As I recall, under your scope/sight, there is a set screw that tensions the retension spring. If it's there, try lightening the load so it doesn't smack the rail so hard.

Mike
While I still want to get the limbsaver type piece for the retension arm, I will give your suggestion a try and see if it helps! Thanks.

·
Registered
2 Posts
String Wear Question for the Darton Representative

My Brother and I both purchased the Darton Lightning Crossbow in November of 2008. We both have about 10 years of shooting compound bows and added crossbows to our arsenal in October of this year.

Our first Crossbow experience was a complete failure of another brand of crossbow while sighting it in at the Proshop. The bow completely disintegrated in my hands as I was aiming at the target. The crossbow had 20 shots on it and was about to shoot its 21st arrow when it let go. After talking with the dealer and stating that we wanted a better quality product they told us to look at the Darton or the Bowtech Crossbow.

We made the choice of the Darton Lightning Crossbow because of availability and becasue we were going to be purchasing 2 of them - the price was slightly more affordable. But the entire setup was about $1,250 - $1,350 per bow.

I had 15 shots on it and it sighted in with little effort. On my 1st night out I was able to put down a small buck. Since then I have fired about 100-125 arrows through mine. I am only showing a little wear on the teflon guide rail. One of the silencers fell off and one string bumper loosened up on me during the hunting season. Nothing I couldn't tighten up in the field.

My brother who has shot about the same amount of arrows is having more wear show up on his crossbow. The string is delaminating and the protective wrap on the string that goes around the cams has come apart. The nock points protective plastic wrap came off on both sides.

His Teflon guide rail has more wear than mine and his bolts are getting worn out fairly quick(Although without alot of experience there is nothing to compare the wear to) It appears to be on the back end of the bolt that its wearing through.

When he took it to the one dealer in town they said - Well it looks like it is wearing but the question is does it shoot straight? The answer to this is that it is very accurate and even at 85 yards you can place a bolt in a 4" circle. But why is it wearing out fast?

He also went down to the other shop in town and talked to the Darton Rep. who said - his darton does the same thing. When you read the forums it appears that this might be a common problem with the Darton - but we didn't spend this much money on a quality product to have to deal with excuses. The rep said that he had a whole box of replacement guides so if it gets too excessive he can replace it. That's great but whats causing the problem?

In fact his crossbow proved to be deadly. This fall my brother dropped a 140-150 size buck from about 15 yards. An amazing kill and it was done with his Darton - He credited the kill to the power and accuracy of the crossbow and before the animal expired he was on the phone with me letting me know the entire story.

The season has passed and he is concerned with his crossbow as it loosened up on him from the front foot grip. Nothing a little tightening didn't fix. But after his experience with the dealer and rep. has made him a little sensitive to the smallest things.

My questions for the rep are:

How much wear is acceptable on the teflon guide?
Does Darton Replace these guides under warranty?
(The Rep. also said he had a whole box of guides that he could replace it with, is this common? or is this just a box of guides he was holding onto?)
What could be causing the additional wear of the string?

What maintenance can we do to 1 prevent the string damage and 2 prevent the guide wear?

Is there anything else we can do to ensure that we our crossbows stay tuned and working for a very long time?

We are avid hunters and spend alot of time hunting in Manitoba, Ontario and BC. We have found that spending the money on better equipment from the start has lead to a better experience in the woods. We don't want to make a switch to the Bowtech product, but would like to get these items working as they have proved to be effective and we are confident in their accuracy.

Thank you for your time in addressing these concerns and questions.

Yours truly,

Kris "BCsniper"

·
1,223 Posts
Hey Kris -

Not sure if they will answer, but I find this strange.
I have three Darton bows, Fireforce, Stinger and the Impact. All three have very little string to rail load/pressure.
I've got well over 350/400 shots thru the Fireforce with little serving wear. The serving at the cams is a little seperated, but it was that way when I received them.
Though the Fireforce is the only Darton bow I bought new, the other two show little to no wear also...with no real idea how many shots they have had thru them.

As I understood, the newer Darton bows than the ones I have, were mostly cam and trigger modifications.

I hope you get and am curious as to the answer to your questions from the Darton people.

Have you tried calling or e-mailing them?

Mike

·
5,694 Posts
New Bow?

I hear you have a new bow coming out thats whisper quiet? If so what does it look like and what are the numbers,cost,FPS and weight? Hunter2:)

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.