Crossbow Nation banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 628 Posts

·
101 Posts
my dad just gave me his horton legend crossbow 175lb due to his health he is no longer ableto hunt. my question is does horton make any kind of sound dampening components for those limbs.:confused: it makes one h**l of a lot of noise when i trp the trigger. but on the VERY BRIGHT SIDE :Dthe first shot i took with it at a deer i whacked a 2.5 year old 4 point. btu boy did that thing make a crack.:(

·
Banned
402 Posts
horton legend sl question

my son bought a used horton legend sl, he does not know the pounds, only number on cb is
f43712
and our question is does it have a talon trigger? and can a match grade talon trigger be installed/ up graded? it looks to have metal trigger. it is a very nice cb very accurate cb we are searching for all information on his crossbow..
please provide contact information for trigger upgrades and price? thank you in advance ed

[email protected]
or pm me here

the v500 tuning stick how does it attach the web site is not clear were it goes and were it attches?
same with cable stop tuner z on web site needs more clarity to understand, my son wants me to buy them for him but unclear about items, thanks in advance ed

·
Registered
2 Posts
Broken arrow retention spring for Realtree 175

The arrow retention spring for my Realtree 175 broke. Any possibilities I can buy one and replace it myself? Or do I have to send the crossbow back to the factory?

Thanks.

Philip Cooper
Piedmont, AL

·
Armed Citizen
1,918 Posts
ridetwowheels said:
The arrow retention spring for my Realtree 175 broke. Any possibilities I can buy one and replace it myself? Or do I have to send the crossbow back to the factory?

Thanks.

Philip Cooper
Piedmont, AL
Did you ever get this fixed? As I have an old box sight with a front retention spring. I was thinking it could be altered to replace your broken one from the rear. Let me know.

·
310 Posts
Arrow Retension Springs

buckeye dan said:
Did you ever get this fixed? As I have an old box sight with a front retention spring. I was thinking it could be altered to replace your broken one from the rear. Let me know.

Ridetwowheels and B.D.,
Please call Horton to get a RA#. We want these to be replaced here due to the fact it deals with the Trigger and Safety Assembly. We will not send out replacement retension springs.
Sorry I did not field this question sooner. I have been busy with the '09 products.

Thanks for the question,
Mark W. Beck
Engineering Tech
Horton Mfg.

·
512 Posts
I purchased a Sound Stopper kit for my Horton Exp. Why is the stirup thinner on these models? The frame of the stirup isn't wide enough to put the thin Sound Stopper strip on it.

·
310 Posts
hunterfisher said:
I purchased a Sound Stopper kit for my Horton Exp. Why is the stirup thinner on these models? The frame of the stirup isn't wide enough to put the thin Sound Stopper strip on it.

HunterFisher,
To be completely honest, the package was created without consideration of the thin stirrup. The way to quiet the thin (wire formed) stirrup is to run a piece of clear, or black, tubing around it. The thin sound stoppers can then be used elsewhere on the riser, or rail, and etc.

Thanks for the question,
Mark W. Beck

·
512 Posts
I recently purchased a set [6] Horton arrows, ''Carbon Strike MX HP''. I'm having a hard time getting the nock out of them. What is the best way to remove them? Want to replace with Lumenoks.

·
310 Posts
hunterfisher said:
I recently purchased a set [6] Horton arrows, ''Carbon Strike MX HP''. I'm having a hard time getting the nock out of them. What is the best way to remove them? Want to replace with Lumenoks.
Hunterfisher,
Use plyers. There is a very tight fit. We do not use glue to allow the user to rotate the moon nock if there is need to do so.

·
Registered
25 Posts
i;m not the rep but i use sims products on mine with limb savers and leeches on my string. make it a lot quieter and i haven't seen a loss in speed or accuracy
hope that helps you out. i have a horton nitro and it has done a great job for me and been a solid crossbow. i found that there is a camo wrap tape and i use it for my stirup and it helps to knock down any kind of glare
rob k

·
2,811 Posts
?? For Horton Rep.

How does Horton maintain matched weight components for mx carbon strike arrows when they no longer use brass inserts, I was very disappointed when I got my new 1/2 doz and they did not have brass inserts, without the brass inserts the arrows weigh 83grains less then the old style ???;)

·
Industry Professional
28 Posts
edmcclaskey said:
my son bought a used horton legend sl, he does not know the pounds, only number on cb is
f43712
and our question is does it have a talon trigger? and can a match grade talon trigger be installed/ up graded? it looks to have metal trigger. it is a very nice cb very accurate cb we are searching for all information on his crossbow..
please provide contact information for trigger upgrades and price? thank you in advance ed

[email protected]
or pm me here

the v500 tuning stick how does it attach the web site is not clear were it goes and were it attches?
same with cable stop tuner z on web site needs more clarity to understand, my son wants me to buy them for him but unclear about items, thanks in advance ed

The Legend SL is a 175# crossbow. At the time that they were mfg Horton did not have the Talon trigger but they can now be installed just call Horton for a return authorizaton number to send it in and they will install it for you at that time they will go over the pricing

·
Banned
402 Posts
Thank You

Thank You Lady Horton..Its a nail driver as is just wondering?

Here is Hortons customer service number 1-800-551-7468

The sims tenacle wrap installed on foot end of cocking stirrup will quiet the crossbows a lot..

·
Industry Professional
28 Posts
beervo2 said:
How does Horton maintain matched weight components for mx carbon strike arrows when they no longer use brass inserts, I was very disappointed when I got my new 1/2 doz and they did not have brass inserts, without the brass inserts the arrows weigh 83grains less then the old style ???:mad:
They are still matched weight we are using an aluminum insert that is made different than the older style aluminum insert. Yes the total weight is lighter.

·
310 Posts
OLDFLYER said:
Lady H
Can you shed any light on what we can expect for 09?
The Recon is pretty neat. Any improvements?
Thanks

Old Flyer,
Horton will not release any info at this time for '09. I wish I could because I think the '09 product line is very cool.
Please understand, and "stay tuned".

Thanks,
Mark W. Beck
Eng. Tech.
Horton Mfg.

1 - 20 of 628 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.