Crossbow Nation banner

1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Incurable Tinkerer
5,031 Posts
Dear Parker rep,

When are the Cyclones going to be shipped? I hear tell there is a delay caused by the scopes not having arrived at the plant. Getting anxious to see one.

·
Maximus Representative
94 Posts
Hi Cossack,

The Cyclones are scheduled to ship Starting the week of April 15th - 21st.

There is a lot of anticipation for this crossbow entering the market. We hope you like it.

Paul

·
Incurable Tinkerer
5,031 Posts
I really like what I see and read. I picked my Terminator after trying a bunch of bows and considering the Parker Co.'s reputation for support of product. I have not been disappointed. If the Cyclone is as good as it looks it should be quite a bow. I'm anxious because I need to decide. I've got folks standing in line should I decide to sell the Terminator.

·
Incurable Tinkerer
5,031 Posts
Parker Rep

I enjoy making my own strings/cables for my Terminator. Now have a Cyclone too. Does the Cyclone string and cable have the same strand count as those for the Terminator? I realize the cables are entirely different but the string is the same length. Can the Terminator string be used on the Cyclone, given that it pulls some 14% more?

·
Administrator
6,085 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Cossack said:
I enjoy making my own strings/cables for my Terminator. Now have a Cyclone too. Does the Cyclone string and cable have the same strand count as those for the Terminator? I realize the cables are entirely different but the string is the same length. Can the Terminator string be used on the Cyclone, given that it pulls some 14% more?
Cossack, I moved your post to this thread. It will get answered faster here.

·
Maximus Representative
94 Posts
Hi Cossak,

The Cyclone no doubt is a high performance crossbow. We spec'd our cyclone string to 30 strands.

I understand the enjoyment of making your own strings, and adding custom colors etc, it is fun. However, a 1/8" difference in length can add or subtract weight from the crossbow, either adding undo stress to the components, or under performing the speed we hope you will enjoy.

Naturally, I would prefer you use a factory string for safety and performance consistancy.

If you prefer a custom string, I trust you will pay particular attention to controlling your quality and specs, as Parker does not warranty (a lifetime warranty by the way) components should failure be determined due to a modified string.

Best regards,
Paul
VP sales

·
Incurable Tinkerer
5,031 Posts
Thank your for your response. I am fully aware that sting length and strand count is critical to bow performance and safety; therefore my query. Unfortunately the only string that I've had fail was a (new) factory string that I purchased from a Parker vendor of considerable repute. A recent acquaintance experienced a similar string failure on the very first shot of his Cyclone. And while Parker stood behind the effects of the failures, the events did little to instill confidence in your bowstrings. In my case, it prevented me from hunting until replacements parts arrived. While I appreciate your position on warranty compliance, it was my hope that you would have spent as much space to helping me PREVENT the need for same... as you did warning me against violating it.

BTW, the strand count on the failed Cyclone string is 24....NOT 30.

·
Incurable Tinkerer
5,031 Posts
Stick Flipper

Why does Parker specify moon nocks?

·
1,379 Posts
Buck Buster and Terminator Specs

Having been a long time vertical bow shooter that did all my own maintenance, I have a few questions to keep my bows at optimum performance.

What is the ATA?

How do I check cam timing?

What is the brace height and where is it measured ?

The Buck Buster is the 150# model and the Terminator is the 175#HP model.

Thanks in advance.

·
Incurable Tinkerer
5,031 Posts
Whatever happened to the Parker Rep? AWOL?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Moon Nocks

According to my Cyclone owners manual, Parker uses moon nocks for positive string to nock contact and which they say will prevent dry fires.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Cock fletching not centered with nock

I have noticed black rub marks on the Parker arrow nocks and wondered what is happening with that, upon further investigation I noticed that when I load the arrows with the cock fletching down and slide it under the trigger mechanism the nock is not centering the string and when I turn the arrow to center the nock on the string the cock fletching is up against the barrel. I suspect when the arrow is released it is forced to move off center because of the fletching contact. Checked all the parker arrows and the nocks were not centered with the cock fletching. Anyone else noticed this and does anyone think that is making a difference in performance and causing the rub marks?

·
43 Posts
Tornado scope height

I would like to know the scope height on a Tornado equipped with your triple red dot scope. The Hawke ballistic calculator needs this info to predict the ballistics.

Thanks

·
1,379 Posts
It's fairly easy to measure this yourself.

I place an arrow on the rail and measure to the middle of the scope tube, then add 1/2 the diameter of the arrow shaft. This will get you close enough for the program. Very little difference even when this measurement is off by some.

·
9 Posts
tlc

Hello, I just got a Parker Safari classic xbow and shot the crossbow and wow, great shooting bow. This is my first crossbow and I am so glad I purchased this parker crossbow. Question, does parker still make this crossbows? and is there strings and cables still being produced for these crossbows? thanks for your help tlc

·
1,379 Posts
Strings and cables are the same for the Terminator and the Safari x bows. Check to market place, there is a custom set on there.

·
Registered
6 Posts
To Parker Rep. , I justed purchased a Tornado and really like the way it feels and shoots,very compact, fast, good balance.Trigger pull a little heavy. However,after the first 8 shoots the trigger lath stawed down so I could not re-cock with my rope cocker.The manual shows how to correct the problem but it did this again three more times out of the next eight shoots I fired.Is it something I am doing wrong , or should I lube something? No problem takeing it back to the dealer,that's why I bought it close by.Just not sure I can cure the problem myself.Any information on the matter will be appreciated.My brother also bought one at the same time as me,and his also done the samething but only once in a couple dozen shots. The rookie here,, Lee

1 - 20 of 53 Posts