Crossbow Nation banner
2,021 - 2,040 of 3,280 Posts
There is no serial number range. If the limbs happened to crack, that would be a warranty repair.
Warranty that only covers the limbs but not cost of replacing the string and cables, from post I have read it looks like some people have up $90 shipping cost and $160 for strings for said "warranty repair". I just want to know exactly what I will need to pay if I have problems. I realize that things happen, but in this case these widespread reports of failure should warrant more than just replacing the limbs and making the customer pay for everything else. I know it seems like I am picking a fight, I'm not, I just want to know exactly what I am getting into if I buy one of these bows. Reviews are either super positive and no complaints, or limbs broke and they hate the bow. I always seem to be one of those that runs into problems like this , and then having to fix the problems, cars, electronics, you name it. Such is life sometimes.

I had two sets of limbs break on a crossbow before and the strings, cables and cams were not hurt in the least. It was with a Parker crossbow so I did have to send my broken limbs in at my expense but that was less than $10 back then. They shipped me new limbs which I installed. Point is that most limbs fracture or splinter and do not hurt anything when they do.
I do know that Scorpyd requires the bow to be sent back now and that is expensive.

Warranty that only covers the limbs but not cost of replacing the string and cables, from post I have read it looks like some people have up $90 shipping cost and $160 for strings for said "warranty repair". I just want to know exactly what I will need to pay if I have problems. I realize that things happen, but in this case these widespread reports of failure should warrant more than just replacing the limbs and making the customer pay for everything else. I know it seems like I am picking a fight, I'm not, I just want to know exactly what I am getting into if I buy one of these bows. Reviews are either super positive and no complaints, or limbs broke and they hate the bow. I always seem to be one of those that runs into problems like this , and then having to fix the problems, cars, electronics, you name it. Such is life sometimes.
As mentioned below, having a cracked limb does not cause the need for a string and cable replacement. The bow could come into us or it could be fixed at a service center. $20-$40 for shipping is about normal. $90 is crazy. If you want a 21 bow, you can have your independent dealer order a new one.

As mentioned below, having a cracked limb does not cause the need for a string and cable replacement. The bow could come into us or it could be fixed at a service center. $20-$40 for shipping is about normal. $90 is crazy. If you want a 21 bow, you can have your independent dealer order a new one.
Thanks for the information, I do appreciate it. I had just read some post where people were saying they were forced to pay for new strings when they sent their bows in for work. If they dont need replacing and can be reused then that saves on the expense of that if something happens. The nearest dealer with one in stock from me is 3hours away, hence the quesitons I am asking here, rather than a dealer. thanks again.

Just got a Siege. Sighted it in at 20 yards using the center punch arrows. I'm using 125 field tips. went back to 50 yards and it still shoots high with the speed ring set at the max of 425. any suggestions??
That bow may have the stronger limbs. Same thing happened to me. I ended up Changing the scope out. Did you buy it new?

Have a question about the TP warranty. So I recently purchased the Siege RS410 off the market place and have the name of the previous owner. it doesn't seem I can have the warranty transferred to me but in the event I would have to use the warranty for some unforeseen thing, I am able to still do so? I am not sure what other people's experience has been for those who have bought a TP xbow from someone else? thanks!

Have a question about the TP warranty. So I recently purchased the Siege RS410 off the market place and have the name of the previous owner. it doesn't seem I can have the warranty transferred to me but in the event I would have to use the warranty for some unforeseen thing, I am able to still do so? I am not sure what other people's experience has been for those who have bought a TP xbow from someone else? thanks!
Technically, the warranty is not transferable. However, if the previous owner did not register the bow, then we would have no way of knowing you are the second owner.

I had two questions (Siege RS410):
1. I read in general that if you cock your xbow you can keep it cocked for up to 24 hours. It seems the limbs would be under a lot of stress! Since I am hunting (turkey) for the first time from a blind I am not sure what to expect and will probably err on the side of keeping it cocked so I can just load the arrow and go. Has there been an issue with keeping it cocked too long?

2. For the Siege RS410: In regards to the ACUSlide, I have been following the video where after I crank back and the trigger box latches, I will do that 2 rotations to decock and help relieve the tension on the trigger box. I am not clear what the pressing that button and doing the third spin does. I only ask since it wasn't clear to me what that button is and sometime I have to jiggle the crank handle little to get the button to depress.

thanks!

Leave it cocked as long as you are hunting, and then when you are done for the day, decock it. We don’t recommend leaving it cocked overnight. It is hard on the string and cables.

As for the backward rotation at the end of the cocking cycle, the first two backward winds takes the pressure from the strap and anchors it on the latch for added safety and consistency. The third backwind, while holding the button down opens the braking system for the next shot cycle.

Thanks for the responses! I forgot to ask, what is the bottom bracket below called? I wanted to install on the siege so I can get a bipod for it. I attach a pic of from the website. I thought maybe they would sell off the website but couldn't find it.

2,021 - 2,040 of 3,280 Posts