Crossbow Nation banner

1701 - 1720 of 1756 Posts

·
29 Posts
Tenpoint string for Nitro XRT and Vapor RS470 are the same. This string is pre-stretched. Are the Limbs on the Nitro XRT and the Vapor RS470 the same? I have both bows. When chrono'd with the same 460gr EVO-X bolt the XRT only shoots 405fps and the Vapor shoots 448fps. The Nitro XRT was registered with Tenpoint when purchased last year. It is only one year old with not a lot of shots. When new, the 405fps was the same as now. I assumed the speed loss was from not using a 370gr bolt. Both the Nitro XRT and the Vapor RS470 are rated to 470fps if using a 370gr bolt. Can you please explain why there is such a large speed loss for my Nitro XRT when compared to the Vapor RS470? I want to point out that in all other respects, the Nitro XRT seems to shoot very well and very accurate. But the speed difference is statistically significant compared to the Vapor RS470.

·
TenPoint Representative
1,800 Posts
OS,
The limbs on both bows are basically the same. Having said that, limbs for a bow do vary when produced, in what we call deflection ranges. So one set of limbs on an XRT may be a different deflection than another bow, which is why we always change all four limbs if you have an issue, not just one. So the short answer to your question is the deflection may be different on your XRT than on your Vapor. It could also be that the string and cables need tuned up, due to stretch, or the timing could be slightly off, which is hurting performance. All three are possibilities.

·
29 Posts
Thank you. I sent you some photos of the cams cocked and uncocked. When your Covid-19 order is finally lifted, I will send the bow in for your thorough review. Thanks!

·
Registered
3,258 Posts
I recently received my new Vapor RS470. It is important to me that I have the picatinny rail on the bottom front in order for me to mount my Harris bipod. It shows it on the Tenpoint website (pictured below) and I verified it at the Harrisburg Outdoor Show. Mine does not have it and I need to get it. I sent an email to Tenpoint and they said they are "short on those" so they shipped without. That seems odd to me. I'm willing to buy it elsewhere. Is it a proprietary item or is it a commercially available item? They said they would send me one if and when they get some but I'd like to get it done. Any assistance would be appreciated, thank you.
View attachment 173172
My Vapor also came without the rail. Without complaining how would they know the part wasnt included and who to send one to. $5 savings multiplied by how many bows? Guess Ill have to call.

Reactions: Dycus

·
Premium Member
578 Posts
My Vapor also came without the rail. Without complaining how would they know the part wasnt included and who to send one to. $5 savings multiplied by how many bows? Guess Ill have to call.
Buckstop515, I highly doubt that TenPoint is out to screw anyone.
I'd rather have a Xbow in hand to shoot with, less the lower rail, than to wait for it to be shipped complete, but that's just me.
I'm 99% sure your Supplier keeps track of who needs a rail and yes, by all means, call them to confirm.
I wouldn't lose sleep over it.
Again, that's just me but I doubt that TenPoint wouldrisk their reputation over a $10 piece of carbon fiber (or plastic, or whatever it's made of).
Cheers,
dynamo61

Reactions: Dycus and TX_RDXguy

·
Registered
5,053 Posts
Buckstop515, I highly doubt that TenPoint is out to screw anyone.
I'd rather have a Xbow in hand to shoot with, less the lower rail, than to wait for it to be shipped complete, but that's just me.
I'm 99% sure your Supplier keeps track of who needs a rail and yes, by all means, call them to confirm.
I wouldn't lose sleep over it.
Again, that's just me but I doubt that TenPoint wouldrisk their reputation over a $10 piece of carbon fiber (or plastic, or whatever it's made of).
Cheers,
dynamo61
X2

Reactions: Dycus and dynamo61

·
Registered
3,258 Posts
I dont think they are out to screw anyone. If in fact they were going to send parts after the fact I would have thought the dealer would have been aware and stated as such.

Reactions: Dycus

·
Registered
3,258 Posts
That makes sense. I never used an aux rail on any bow that had it.

·
Registered
59 Posts
They don't come with the rail because the quiver won't mount with the rail on it.
No, I'm not buying that. It shows with a rail on your website. I also verified it at the Pennsylvannia Outdoor Show that I went to just to specifically look at this bow (RS470). Not everyone mounts a quiver, I do not and never have. You should have included the rail and let me take it off I I want a quiver mounted, not the other way around. I want to mount a bipod and I'm sure others do as well. If I cannot get a rail, I will be returning the crossbow. It sounds trivial but it's important to me.

·
Registered
59 Posts
You don’t have to “buy it” but that is the case. By the way, if you emailed me I sent you one, right?
I hope so but I haven't received it yet. I really do appreciate your help. I was just frustrated because this is something I verified before I bought it. It just seems odd that it is happening. Maybe it will arrive this coming week. Thanks again.

·
Registered
59 Posts
You don’t have to “buy it” but that is the case. By the way, if you emailed me I sent you one, right?
I did receive my rail today. It is a bit proprietary so I am glad I waited for the factory rail rather than making my own. It did not come with any mounting screws so I need to figure out what thread it is and how long they need to be. Are you able to tell me that? It would save me time experimenting on that. Thanks again for sending it to me.

·
Registered
1,750 Posts
What bows are in production this week, hopefully some graphite vipers ?? And when will they ship??

1701 - 1720 of 1756 Posts