Registered
518 Posts

·
Registered
1,517 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Been wanting to upgrade to a newer model. Just waiting on any problems if any with the new cocking/string release trigger system on the tenpoint CBs. What is on the market for next year? Will you guys break the 500 mark.

·
TenPoint Representative
1,871 Posts
Trop,
All that info will be released in January at the ATA show. I doubt we go any faster, it certainly isn't needed.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Sorry Heath, I have been locked out for a couple days. Please give us a call at 330-628-9245.
No problem. I called and got an RA so you guys can take a look at it. It should be arriving tomorrow 5/28 via UPS. Thanks for your support to the community.

·
Registered
74 Posts
I have a Stealth NXT with accudraw Pro. As I start cranking it, it's quiet until the halfway point and then it starts to creak and make "popping" sounds. Is this normal ?

·
Registered
104 Posts
@10PtCrossbow
I bought a brand new TP/Horton Vortec RDX in Feb 2019. I have no more than an estimated 150 shoots on it. The camo paint on the rail is peeling off terribly. I started noticing the peeling had started after the first 30 shoots. Yes, I do use and only use T.P. rail lube on the rail at intervals per manufacturing direction. The paint on the rail appears to have softened by the use of the rail lube because the paint on the remainder of the stock is not peeling and will not chip or scratch by way of fingernail. I have developed what I think is premature serving ware also. The serving will have pieces of the paint on it after every cocking and I'm sure some of those pieces are getting into the trigger box.
Is this a flaw with the paint bonding to the rail or to much pressure on the rail from the string/serving that may require adjustments made to the bow? Help
Other than the issues stated above the bow performs great and harvested 3 whitetail this past season.
Xbow rail chipping.jpg
Xbow serving.jpg

·
Registered
10,481 Posts
I have a Stealth NXT with accudraw Pro. As I start cranking it, it's quiet until the halfway point and then it starts to creak and make "popping" sounds. Is this normal ?
Where is the creaking and popping sounds coming from? If from the crank string wax it. If from the limbs check them carefully for stress cracks or splinters.

·
Registered
365 Posts
I had a shadow nxt with the accudraw pro for a while. It did the same thing and it wasn't too long after it started that the cord started coming out on a regular basis. It got to be a very scary situation. I would inspect the accudraw closely or take to your local shop to have it checked out.

Blessings...........Pastorjim

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
74 Posts
Where is the creaking and popping sounds coming from? If from the crank string wax it. If from the limbs check them carefully for stress cracks or splinters.
Not really sure where the noise is coming from. I've waxed the crank string. I'll take a close look at the limbs. I've read where there have experienced the same noise, but not much for a cause...

·
Registered
10,481 Posts
Not really sure where the noise is coming from. I've waxed the crank string. I'll take a close look at the limbs. I've read where there have experienced the same noise, but not much for a cause...
Usually the popping noise is caused by the crank string slipping off itself under pressure and wax will sometimes help. But I have never really heard of creaking noises coming from a crank that I remember. Creaking noises are usually from a limb or a limb pocket or maybe from a cam axle. Try getting someone to listen from different angles as you cock the bow and maybe they can pinpoint the source for you.

·
Registered
2,577 Posts
My Shadow did the same " creacking noise"..I took the covers off the sides and tightened the 4 screws that hold it on the stock. It helped for awhile...and then started doing it again. I bought a wider foot stirrup and just cocked it manually after that...

·
Registered
2 Posts
.Hey there, looking to get away from the aluminum bolts that come with the RDX 400. Looking for carbon bolts with lighted tips and broad heads and I am struggling to find the best combination of the three. Thought you might have suggestions as opposed to me going through trial and error

·
Registered
5,380 Posts
I shot the EVO-X CenterPunch arrows out of the RDX400 and would suggest them as an option. The Lighted Alpha nocks work well and the TenPoint Broadhead EVO-X CenterPunch mechanical broadheads are a perfect combination.

·
Registered
74 Posts
My Shadow did the same " creacking noise"..I took the covers off the sides and tightened the 4 screws that hold it on the stock. It helped for awhile...and then started doing it again. I bought a wider foot stirrup and just cocked it manually after that...
I removed the cover to find 2 of the phillips head screws loose, one was very loose. With the cover off I discovered one of the "fingers" that guides the string onto the spool had broken off. Now have to get that fixed..........

·
Registered
10,481 Posts
I removed the cover to find 2 of the phillips head screws loose, one was very loose. With the cover off I discovered one of the "fingers" that guides the string onto the spool had broken off. Now have to get that fixed..........
Maybe that was causing the creaking noise.

·
Registered
50 Posts
I'm thinking the loose screws were the issue..........
I HAD THAT ISSUE AND IT WAS THE SCREWS. I JUST BOUGHT THE RS470 VAPOR IT IS A REALLY NICE BOW. THE COCKING AND DECOCKING IS SO NICE AND SAFE. A QUESTION TO YOU GUYS OR TENPOINT HOW MANY SHOTS DO YOU PUT ON THIS BOW BEFORE YOU OIL THE STRING SERVING. I WOULD LIKE TO KNOW IT DOES NOT SAY IN THE MANUAL, IT JUST SAID OIL WHERE THE SERVING TOUCHED THE BARREL. ANY INFORMATION WOULD BE APPRECIATED

1721 - 1744 of 1795 Posts