Crossbow Nation banner

1741 - 1756 of 1756 Posts

·
TenPoint Representative
1,800 Posts
I HAD THAT ISSUE AND IT WAS THE SCREWS. I JUST BOUGHT THE RS470 VAPOR IT IS A REALLY NICE BOW. THE COCKING AND DECOCKING IS SO NICE AND SAFE. A QUESTION TO YOU GUYS OR TENPOINT HOW MANY SHOTS DO YOU PUT ON THIS BOW BEFORE YOU OIL THE STRING SERVING. I WOULD LIKE TO KNOW IT DOES NOT SAY IN THE MANUAL, IT JUST SAID OIL WHERE THE SERVING TOUCHED THE BARREL. ANY INFORMATION WOULD BE APPRECIATED
This video will be a good guide

·
Registered
59 Posts
I have a Vapor RS470. In the past I have owned Scorpyds. Can the string on the RS470 be changed like they can on the Scorpyds by putting a dowel or something in the cams to free the string?

·
TenPoint Representative
1,800 Posts
I have a Vapor RS470. In the past I have owned Scorpyds. Can the string on the RS470 be changed like they can on the Scorpyds by putting a dowel or something in the cams to free the string?
No, the bow is not set up to do that. You need to press the bow.

·
Registered
9,090 Posts
I have used boiling water then the rod to knock inserts and nocks loose when they are glued in. Works pretty well depending upon what type glue was used to put them in. I have a few that seem to be welded in place. :)

·
Registered
140 Posts
Thanks another question I pulled out the brass insert on the front and lost it in my target is that glued or just pressed in there seems no damage can I replace it also Im really new to arrow repair sorry for the dumb questions.

·
Registered
9,090 Posts
Thanks another question I pulled out the brass insert on the front and lost it in my target is that glued or just pressed in there seems no damage can I replace it also Im really new to arrow repair sorry for the dumb questions.
It is glued in. I take a brass wire brush (gun cleaning kit) and clean the shaft as clean as possible then run a Q tip soaked in alcohol in it to get it clean and then use super glue to glue in the insert.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Is there an update to the quiver for the Tenpoint Vapor RS470? I have seen that is does not hold the arrows well, but I have not really used it at this point.

1741 - 1756 of 1756 Posts