Crossbow Nation banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
DS 420, MISSION Sub 1, Matrix 380,
442 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It all started when I got a new DS 420 a few months ago. I zeroed scope in at 20 yards. It was dead nuts perfect. Then adjusted speed dial at 30 and it was perfect for about 10 shots then started dropping really low.
I went back and forth with this till I finally took scope off and put my deadzone scope on the Scorpyd. Never a problem again.
Then I put the Hawke on my Matrix 380.
Zeroed it at 20 till it was dead center for 10 shots. Then went to 30 yards adjusted dial to 365fps. (Shooting 420 grain arrows). It held perfectly for a few shots then shot 5 inches high for no reason. I had to turn dial all the way to 450 just to center it again at 30 lousy yards. I then went back to 20 and it shot dead center. It's not a zero problem. It's a speed dial prob I believe. I never had any probs with any other scopes like this. It's haywire.

·
Premium Member
442 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well, whatever is wrong, I’d send it to Hawke and get the problem fixed. I have one, but only had it for a short time. Hoping to dial it in on my big recurve later today. A scope that won’t hold zero or adjust properly needs fixed.
I called Hawke.gunna look at it

·
Registered
2,443 Posts
My Hawke XB30 1.5-6X Compact holds well. But if it ever acts up the warranty is lifetime. I would buy another without delay if I needed another crossbow.

Reactions: Kriss Krossbow

·
Registered
6,757 Posts
It’s a Hawk.

B-I-L had a similar problem with the XB1 that came with his Mission 360 a couple years ago.

·
Registered
2,443 Posts
It could be possible
It all started when I got a new DS 420 a few months ago. I zeroed scope in at 20 yards. It was dead nuts perfect. Then adjusted speed dial at 30 and it was perfect for about 10 shots then started dropping really low.
I went back and forth with this till I finally took scope off and put my deadzone scope on the Scorpyd. Never a problem again.
Then I put the Hawke on my Matrix 380.
Zeroed it at 20 till it was dead center for 10 shots. Then went to 30 yards adjusted dial to 365fps. (Shooting 420 grain arrows). It held perfectly for a few shots then shot 5 inches high for no reason. I had to turn dial all the way to 450 just to center it again at 30 lousy yards. I then went back to 20 and it shot dead center. It's not a zero problem. It's a speed dial prob I believe. I never had any probs with any other scopes like this. It's haywire.
It could be you used the wrong crosshair.

·
Registered
2,443 Posts
Since you brought it up I noticed lots of those particular XB30 Pro scopes have sold on this site. That tells me they aren't worth it. On the other hand I can't remember the XB30 Compacts like I use going up for sale. That matters! I will not sell mine because it's truly a blessing to me.

·
Premium Member
442 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Since you brought it up I noticed lots of those particular XB30 Pro scopes have sold on this site. That tells me they aren't worth it. On the other hand I can't remember the XB30 Compacts like I use going up for sale. That matters! I will not sell mine because it's truly a blessing to me.
yes I misspoke I meant I sold both of my xb30 pros. I do have the hawk vantage scope on my HHA and I'm starting to love that one.

·
Registered
52 Posts
No I made sure lol. I did the whole shebang all over again even with another bow that still did Ii I sold all my Hawke xb 30 pros.
Glad I didn’t buy one of the defective scopes you sold to someone.

·
Registered
52 Posts

·
Registered
2,443 Posts
1 - 14 of 14 Posts