Crossbow Nation banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
2,811 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I first got her pic in May I thought she was pregnant, but I got 2 more pics and she's still pretty round so I guess she's just a BIG girl. She's always by herself so I wonder if she's dried up and ready to take.

·
Hunter
6,187 Posts
That is one fat doe!

·
110 Posts
I hunted a smart old doe who was always fat like that for 3 years and I never saw any of the fawns act like she was their mother, I always suspected that doe of being barren but i'm not a hundred percent positive??? This big doe around my hunting area caused me to move 2 stands! She pegged me one day drawing on her and blew out of the area and I swear after that she would circle the area of my stand and blow me out every time! Man did I want to put her in the freezer but she was just too good for me, some old does like that deserve a place on the wall next to a fine buck...The closest I ever came to bagging her was a stalk through heavy brush on the edge of a field where she was feeding on locust pods. I had crawled about 200 yards in some tall native grass and brush to get into shooting position, just when I was getting into position for a shot I placed my hand on one of those small locust branches and jabbed a locust thorn in my hand! The old doe heard or saw the commotion and bounded away with a half smile on her big face...lol

That was 3 years ago and I have not seen her again, sometimes I think it would be best if she was barren because her offspring would be nearly immpossible to kill...She sure gave me some good memories though and I can laugh at myself and smile when I think of that beautiful doe matriarch!

·
512 Posts
Now, she's a chunck. What state was that pic taken in. The biggest doe I ever shot was back in the early 70's in Vermont. She went 183 pounds field dressed.

·
2,811 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
hunterfisher said:
Now, she's a chunck. What state was that pic taken in. The biggest doe I ever shot was back in the early 70's in Vermont. She went 183 pounds field dressed.
Michigan, my friend...:eek:

·
11 Posts
Nothin' wrong with big girls.

·
2,661 Posts
Wow, she is big,I never will see one that big in Texas I bet.

·
966 Posts
very few bucks get that big around here...but bless her heart she could deal a hunter some misery

·
2,087 Posts
That's a nice doe when are you going to have her for dinner??

·
Flying Dutchman
1,458 Posts
Show the pics when you shoot this one. The weight on this one will big.

·
816 Posts
Exposed to radiation!:) Wah what a doe.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts