Crossbow Nation banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
514 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was flipping thru the channels and saw the infomercial on the hecs suit, what's y'alls opinion on this?

·
Registered
3,817 Posts
tinfoil man.jpeg

IMO, this would probably be cheaper and just as effective.

·
Registered
6,296 Posts
There's some value but I'm not convinced it's the cloke of invisibility. Scent control is as important if not more. Yes, I do have the suite and wear it. All the 200" bucks are still evading me.

·
Registered
158 Posts
First iam ocd about scent control i don't get busted from odor ever. Now i bought a set of hecs a few years back. I used the first time on a evening hunt, i got down early because i had 22 deer in a food plot just outside the timber i was hunting in. I walked right out in the open foodplot about 30 min. before dark and walked right thru the middle of them very slowly not making any fast moves just like a grazing deer would do. NOT one deer blew at me and only had a buck shake his head at me one time. Since then i have had deer walk up to me when i leave field to see what i am but they don't run off blowing anymore when i come out of cover like they would before i bought it. I give it a 5 star rating in my opion it works.

·
Registered
629 Posts
if i understood this right; you likely get more meat, but same time remove the expirience of nature from you body

this could be perfect for modern enviroment and to be removed once got into woods :sneaky:

·
TenPoint Siege, TenPoint Eclipse
488 Posts
Too old to change, I'll keep doing the same things I have done successfully for the last 45 years. Un-Scented soap in the shower, un-scented laundry detergent, and most importantly I PLAY THE WIND. If it isn't right I wont hunt that spot, no magic needed.

I used to kill my share of 1.5 year old bucks almost at will not practicing the above procedures. Eventually I upped my game to trying to shoot the most mature animal I know of in the area, buck or doe, with almost no regards for antler size, although the two normally went hand in hand.

I will not rain on anyone's parade. If it works for you and adds confidence to your game plan just do it, that's the only way you will know...
I am not by any means a trophy hunter but the results over the past twenty years practicing the methods mentioned above tend to speak for themselves. all archery kills.

And the one I didn't get, that's why they call it hunting.

·
Premium Member
4,225 Posts
Too old to change, I'll keep doing the same things I have done successfully for the last 45 years. Un-Scented soap in the shower, un-scented laundry detergent, and most importantly I PLAY THE WIND. If it isn't right I wont hunt that spot, no magic needed.

I used to kill my share of 1.5 year old bucks almost at will not practicing the above procedures. Eventually I upped my game to trying to shoot the most mature animal I know of in the area, buck or doe, with almost no regards for antler size, although the two normally went hand in hand.

I will not rain on anyone's parade. If it works for you and adds confidence to your game plan just do it, that's the only way you will know...
I am not by any means a trophy hunter but the results over the past twenty years practicing the methods mentioned above tend to speak for themselves. all archery kills.
View attachment 199749
View attachment 199750
And the one I didn't get, that's why they call it hunting.
View attachment 199751
View attachment 199752
Awesome!
if it ain't broke...

·
Registered
3,817 Posts
First iam ocd about scent control i don't get busted from odor ever. Now i bought a set of hecs a few years back. I used the first time on a evening hunt, i got down early because i had 22 deer in a food plot just outside the timber i was hunting in. I walked right out in the open foodplot about 30 min. before dark and walked right thru the middle of them very slowly not making any fast moves just like a grazing deer would do. NOT one deer blew at me and only had a buck shake his head at me one time. Since then i have had deer walk up to me when i leave field to see what i am but they don't run off blowing anymore when i come out of cover like they would before i bought it. I give it a 5 star rating in my opion it works.
I hunt some deer that I'd like you to try your "walk about" on.

·
Registered
514 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Yes here in SC these deer are hard to hunt and I'm not talking the plantation deer, we have a lot of cover for them to get in, sent control is a must and with me I only bow hunt so just trying to get a little more advantage that's why I've always gotten at least 20ft up a tree I like getting close

1 - 11 of 11 Posts