Crossbow Nation banner

21 - 40 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
1,738 Posts
I stumbled upon this old thread: https://www.excaliburcrossbow.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?t=62200 and it got me thinking, I could easily do this. Modeling it up in SolidWorks will only take me a matter of minutes. I don't have my own 3D printer but these days you can send a file, and pay someone to print and ship it to you.

View attachment 160344 View attachment 160346 View attachment 160348

So I contacted a local company, gave them rough dimensions and they said it would cost roughly $30 for one, and as low as $10 each if I got 10+ made and did some optimization for printing. Easy.

So I figured I'd stick my neck out here and see if any others are interested. I'd gather interest and once I know final number, would get an accurate quote, get all of them shipped to me, then ship out to the individuals. I'd only ask actual cost each and not need to make a dime off this. Will print out of one of the more durable 3D print materials and print them all in black. Individuals can later sand and paint to desired color, or leave as-is.

PM or reply here if interested. Serious inquiries only, I'm figuring each will probably land somewhere between $15 and $25 all said and done.
That is a cool feature that I will keep in mind.

My Ripper has the correct level cheek rest for me by accident. However I purchase a CP Spectre 375 which has an adjustable cheek feature. I found it to be outstanding feature and fell in love with the bow because the design it good and it shoots crazy good. After tuning the bow a bit and test shooting it many times I was very impressed as I only paid $161 for the bow that had a MSRP of $599.

It might surprise everyone but I got the bow for my son so he has a ready to go fine bow. Oh! Know I didn't use the provided arrows I bought the best for the job.

Spectre 375 setup.jpg

·
Registered
348 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Thank you Tyler!
Greetings from Germany View attachment 168890 View attachment 168892
You're welcome!

And that's a nice looking setup you have.

It's awesome to be able to get something like that to you simply by sending an electronic file. Technology can be awesome.

Now I just need to find someone here that has hydro dipping capabilities so we can get these in matching camo and do some bartering. I'd also like to figure out how to eliminate the exposed screw heads while still keeping it ambidextrous and height adjustable.

·
Registered
348 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Apparently I forgot to update when I got these other colors. Anyone interested in any please let me know. Once I get enough interest I can put another order together and get them sent to folks for between $15 and $20 tyd with hardware included. Depends on how many I get made at the time. Still not economical enough for me to buy my own printer yet.

The 4 colors that I've been able to get that seem to go good with the Excals are black, dark brown, light brown, and green.

IMG_20200220_215032.jpg

IMG_20200220_215323.jpg

·
Registered
348 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
I also forgot to mention, anyone that has access to their own 3D printer or wants to have a company print and send directly to them, send me a private message and we'll exchange email addresses so I can send you the 3D file for it. I'm not trying to make any $$ on these so if anyone wants to do that themselves they are more than welcome.

Reactions: JOE PA

·
Registered
348 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
And one last bit of information...these fit as-is on Micro, Bulldog, or GRZ2. Will also fit on any Matrix or Traditional Excalibur with the addition of two 1/4" holes through the side of the thick top portion of the stock. One of my pictures has a green one mounted that way on my Vortex.

·
Registered
348 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
Hate that I can't edit past posts.... Realized that what I had said was the green one on Vortex stock with the holes added is not what I have shown. Because that's a micro Featherlite stock on my Vortex. I'll have to post a pic of the holes in the Vortex stock later.

Also got this recently from a guy I sent a cheek rest to that has a C2 crank. No clearance issues @smong2000. And I already verified earlier no clearance issues with the Charger EXT crank, since that's what I use every time I shoot my micro.

FB_IMG_1583849792064.jpg

Reactions: JOE PA

·
Registered
348 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
Got enough requests to use up what I had on-hand, plus ordered a few more to meet the rest of the demand. Ordered a couple extra too that could go to the next requests, but after those I'll just wait to order more again once I have enough requests.

·
Registered
348 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
I'll be including all black hardware with these now:

Reactions: retro

·
Registered
2,477 Posts
Didnt know you were the one making these. I saw your post on the excal facebook site about a month ago or more. I bought one and it's perfect. I have it 3/4 extended (on my new 308) and that equates to a lot of adjustment! Really good deal. Makes the bow a far better fit for me. Thanks.

·
Registered
348 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
Didnt know you were the one making these. I saw your post on the excal facebook site about a month ago or more. I bought one and it's perfect. I have it 3/4 extended (on my new 308) and that equates to a lot of adjustment! Really good deal. Makes the bow a far better fit for me. Thanks.
I knew it was you the whole time, even called you lever action in my initial fb messenger message to you ;)

Glad you like it! They're solid. Once a guy shoots with one he wonders how he ever shot without it in the first place.

·
Registered
348 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
Adjustable would be nice. Wish it was standard

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Funny thing about Excalibur... When they came out with the Assassin adjustable stock, they made the cheek rest adjustable front-back, but did nothing for height adjustment. They fixed a problem they didn't have and did nothing about a problem they did have, when the opportunity was perfect to actually do something.

🤷‍♂️🤦‍♂️

Reactions: dynamo61

·
Registered
1,738 Posts
I am considering one of these for my CVA Optima Pro 50 cal ML that has too much drop in the stock but I would like another stock that does the trick. I have discovered the added drop creates more lever arm during recoil and causes increased muzzle jump which results in misses high of the desire impact point.

·
Registered
348 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
And here's a brown one on a Kryptek Banshee camo 308 Short with the black hardware.

·
Registered
348 Posts
Discussion Starter #36
I am considering one of these for my CVA Optima Pro 50 cal ML that has too much drop in the stock but I would like another stock that does the trick. I have discovered the added drop creates more lever arm during recoil and causes increased muzzle jump which results in misses high of the desire impact point.
There are lots of kydex universal options that could work well for you.

Reactions: dynamo61

·
Registered
348 Posts
Discussion Starter #37
Update on the adjustable height ambidextrous cheek rests that many of you now have....

The new way to get them will be to get in contact with flightattendant100 on the Excal forum, or to go right to eBay where he's got it set up to make a seamless purchase:
Adjustable Cheek Rest for Excalibur Micro and Bulldog | eBay

(if that link ever expires, just search Excalibur Adjustable Cheek Rest) on eBay.

He is already selling other items for Excaliburs and is well connected within the Excalibur enthusiast community. He's the best guy for keeping these available now.

I'm not going anywhere though. My goal when I started offering these was to make sure they'd always be available for Excal owners, and this way it can continue. I just have a few other things I need to be focusing my time and efforts on.

It's been fun seeing all that others have done with them. From camo tape, camo vinyl wrap, plasti-dip, hydro-dip, or just using as-is. I've also done a couple custom geometry ones for folks (taller, longer), and I'll continue to be able to do that for guys that need it. But the best way for 90% of them is to let him be the guy to get them from.

·
Registered
348 Posts
Discussion Starter #39
Decided to try to vinyl wrap one myself. Found a seller on ebay 'thesignmanvinylgirl' that sells 12" x 12" adhesive backed vinyl sheets in about any camo pattern you can imagine for $7.75 with free shipping. Looks like Kryptek Raid, Realtree, and Mossy Oak are available which covers most every Excalibur model, also the oddball Kryptek Banshee that mine is. 12" x 12" is enough to cover 4 of these cheek rests.

I think it turned out pretty well.

Be sure to go to ebay listing if you want one of these cheek rests for an actual proper and firm cheek weld. I've handed these over to another person that is coordinating having them made and mailing them to people, so there is nothing in this for me other than knowing that others have a product available to them that can improve their shooting.

I feel like I don't have to try nearly as hard to get consistent scope alignment with one when compared to just a bare stock or even the Excalibur accessory cheek rest, which isn't adjustable or ambidextrous.

Reactions: YetiX

·
Registered
1,738 Posts
That is so cool!
I don't need that much rise for my cheek.
So I looked in my stock today and found a self adhesive 1/4" thick foam packing which used in the auto industry for sealing condenser in AC assembly. I cut a 1.5x2.5" strip and applied to my cheek rest spot as shown below.

Haven't used it yet but it will allow me a firmer cheek rest for slightly more accuracy.

20200916_122121.jpg

Also a couple days ago I did a off hand shot challenge. I share it!

21 - 40 of 42 Posts