Crossbow Nation banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just joined the "Nation" and am a happy shooter of a Horton Realtree 175. I had some problems with finding a broadhead that would shoot to the same place as my field points. Tried Muzzy, Crimson Talon XT's, Sonic, Rage and Rocket Steelhead's. The Steelheads did the trick. The Muzzy, Crimson Talon and the Sonic were off way to much. The Rage was a good bit better but still not accurate enough. But the Rocket Steelhead's were about as close as you can get. At 20 yds. the Rocket and field point were side by side. At 30 yds. the Rocket was about 1/2" or less to the right of the field point, And I think that I was the cause of that. Well glad to be here. Got to go, going to Atlanta to see the Braves play this evening and after the game Steven Curtis Chapman is having a concert on the field. Good bless you all,

Scott Woody

·
Obsessed Huntress
5,583 Posts
Howdy! Glad to see you. NAP Spitfires fly really well too, but pricey for me since I hunt too much x 2 hunters.

·
310 Posts
Welcome!!

We can't have too many members.

·
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks Guys and Guide Girl!!!!! GG, I had the Spitfire's recommended but the cost held me back and also the replacement blades are more too. The Spitfire's don't use rubber bands like the Rocket Steelhead's but rubber bands are't that much. But if I have problems with the Steelhead's I will go to the Spitfire's.

·
Obsessed Huntress
5,583 Posts
lsw said:
Thanks Guys and Guide Girl!!!!! GG, I had the Spitfire's recommended but the cost held me back and also the replacement blades are more too. The Spitfire's don't use rubber bands like the Rocket Steelhead's but rubber bands are't that much. But if I have problems with the Steelhead's I will go to the Spitfire's.
Yep, why I preferred the spitfires to the others. I hate messing with little parts and my big hands. I just sighted my bow in for the MUZZYs since the price is right and they fly fine when tuned to the bow. Plus, being fixed blade, I can target practice with them since I hunt with them, and reuse them on varmints instead of a new broadhead. So, for me, it was quality and quantity for the money. They all have ups and downs. No perfect broadhead yet. I'm waiting.
I can say though, stay the hell away from those Buck blasters! They totally suck and shouldn't be for sale. The only broadhead I'll speak out in public about.
Looking forward to watching your posts bud. Good Hunting!

·
329 Posts
GG,

what i'd like to find is a FORGED, REsharpenable, broadhead that is capable of being literally RAZOR-sharp & will hold an edge.

i cannot understand why that i could buy those in the '60s (from both Ben Pearson and/or Fred Bear) but NOT today????

your www.friend, texasnative46

1 - 9 of 9 Posts