Crossbow Nation banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have always loved my compound bow but neck issues have made it impossible to draw it so I just ordered a Barnett stalker 405. Any info on this crossbow would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
935 Posts
Welcome !
The is a "manufacturer corner" section, including one for Barnett. I suppose you find quite a bit of information there.
But in general, shooting crossbows is easy - compared to (vertical) compounds.
But you can easily spend as much for equipment, or more ...

·
Registered
28 Posts
Have always loved my compound bow but neck issues have made it impossible to draw it so I just ordered a Barnett stalker 405. Any info on this crossbow would be greatly appreciated.
Howdy from South Mississippi. Welcome. I’m hunting with a crossbow for the first time this year, too, due to a bad shoulder.

I don’t know anything about your bow, except that it will be fun to shoot. Enjoy!

·
Registered
14,863 Posts
Welcome to the boards.

·
Registered
1,502 Posts
Welcome from a neighbor in Louisiana.

·
Registered
1,380 Posts
Any info on this crossbow would be greatly appreciated.
Hi Bull...I spawned on the Coast; 1/2 shrimp, 1/2 crab, 1/2 flounder.😁 Transplanted to MD in '69. I'm Black Bear (not in Oxford) hunting at the end of the month with a new Barnett DRT405. May not be identical to yours, but should be close. It's my 2nd Barnett. If you have a hand crank, DO NOT forget to loop the draw cord through the slot at the back of the stock. After shooting a crossbow for 11 years, I forgot and couldn't figure out why it was so hard to cock. Near disaster. The bow and I both survived.

Good luck with the new bow. Be sure to post in the Successful Hunt category.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Hi Bull...I spawned on the Coast; 1/2 shrimp, 1/2 crab, 1/2 flounder.😁 Transplanted to MD in '69. I'm Black Bear (not in Oxford) hunting at the end of the month with a new Barnett DRT405. May not be identical to yours, but should be close. It's my 2nd Barnett. If you have a hand crank, DO NOT forget to loop the draw cord through the slot at the back of the stock. After shooting a crossbow for 11 years, I forgot and couldn't figure out why it was so hard to cock. Near disaster. The bow and I both survived.

Good luck with the new bow. Be sure to post in the Successful Hunt category.
Thanks for the info

1 - 16 of 16 Posts