Crossbow Nation banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thanks to an accident involving shoulder and lower limbs I believe I shall qualify in New Mexico to hunt during bow seasons with a crossbow. Many years ago I was a serious bowhunter and became a Senior Member of the Pope and Young club. Another major accident reshaped my priorities.
In the interim period I have virtually not hunted, but have become involved in long range rifle target shooting, setting two worlds records in the process.
So now, I wish to take my time and purchase ONE crossbow which would be fine for hunting many of the species of game in the state of New Mexico. I also want to fine tune this weapon for longer range accuracy and since I am retired, can devote the time to make this weapon as accurate as possible. So any ideas about makes and manufacturers, best arrows, scopes, triggers and broadheads would be helpful to me.
Thank you for your attention in this matter .

Gene So

·
Registered
15,995 Posts
Welcome to the boards. :)

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks,
I do have an 800 yard range and have been an active shooter, if not hunter for years. My crossbow will have a bubble level and 30mm scope on it and I will be using my Gen III shooting stick when stalking here in the Rockies. I am prejudiced towards SILENCE and accuracy so any insights as to bows, proper broadheads to counter wind drift etc. would be appreciated. At my age hitting something and not killing it properly would be totally significant.
Thank you

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.