Crossbow Nation banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey All,

I just got back into Hunting last year with a rifle, and really caught the "bug" this year I am getting into crossbow hunting. I bought myself a NEW Barnett Predator I found on sale for $599.99. What drew me in most to using a crossbow was being able to participate in archery season in NY and PA without having to put in the hours and hours of practice needed to be successful with a vertical bow and make an ethical kill. I still plan to practice, already have a shooting lane setup in my basement, but I feel I can be more accurate with a crossbow than vertical bow.

I have been reading these forums for a while. Glad to finally be a member and learn more about the sport.

·
Registered
755 Posts
Welcome. I am in NY (Saratoga Area) as well and also have been trying to learn all I can about crossbows. I am a fairly new member and the people here have been fantastic reaching out and answering questions. I have been Archery hunting several years and I got a cheap Barnett when they started allowing crossbows. Half the battle with archery is knowing your ranges, that doesn't change with a crossbow just because you have a scope and a trigger.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Welcome. I am in NY (Saratoga Area) as well and also have been trying to learn all I can about crossbows. I am a fairly new member and the people here have been fantastic reaching out and answering questions. I have been Archery hunting several years and I got a cheap Barnett when they started allowing crossbows. Half the battle with archery is knowing your ranges, that doesn't change with a crossbow just because you have a scope and a trigger.
Thanks for the response. I am up in the Rochester area, but do a majority of my hunting just across the border in Coudersport, PA. Also, have an in on some land in the Naples area.

My next investment is a better rangefinder so I can zero in on my ranges.

·
721 Posts
Welcome to the Nation neighbor,great place to chat and get some good advice. What part of NY you hunting, just sold my land on the Walton /Franklin line.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Welcome to the Nation neighbor,great place to chat and get some good advice. What part of NY you hunting, just sold my land on the Walton /Franklin line.
thank you!

I am up in the Rochester area, but do a majority of my hunting just across the border in Coudersport, PA. Also, have an in on some land in the Naples area.

·
Registered
22 Posts
thank you!

I am up in the Rochester area, but do a majority of my hunting just across the border in Coudersport, PA. Also, have an in on some land in the Naples area.
Ah, Rochester, the world's largest dark room. I used to live in Lima. Hope your winter isn't too bad this year and welcome.

·
Registered
15,567 Posts
Welcome to the boards. :)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.