Crossbow Nation banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
Just moved out of a city, to a rural area, with access to nice hunting spots.
Got my hunting licence, and I'm getting ready for buck season 馃

Picked up a used crossbow from a friend, but I can't find any brand/model info.
It was bought in 2015 and the store since closed...
$_59.jpeg $_59 (1).jpeg
Any idea about what this is ?
I am mostly concerned into finding the proper replacement string & making sure I use the appropriate bolts.

Registered
Welcome to the Nation!

Reactions: dynamo61

Registered
Welcome to the boards.:) Measure what the string is now and if you believe it is old and totally stretched out then I'd probably ask one of the string makers here how much shorter would they think you should go. I'd guess 1" or so, but then I'm just guessing.

Registered
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks to you all!

I finally figured out the model, looks like it's a generic model from Poe Lang distributed by SA Sports:

Registered
I own and have modified my SA Sports Crusader Recurve. With a little tuning ad a new scope it can be a fine XBow for the money. I have used flemish style strings from Blacktail a member on this forum and from the eBay seller below. I have a thread on the performance modifications done to this Xbow.

3 bundle flemish crossbow strings 8 color choices of BCYforce 10 | eBay

Reactions: dynamo61

Registered
Discussion Starter #9
@abwgtx I have a couple questions:
  • which stringing aid did you use ? I have the Excalibur, but the end of the limbs is too large to go trough it
  • how can one order those string bumpers ?
  • I find the scope to be OK - also, I am new at this - especially after I tightened the bolts! what would you recommend ?

Registered
Hey Louis,
I bought my stringing aid from SA Sports. It is the wire cable with plastic. I used cheap one and the plastic broke so don't waste your money. Although I haven't needed them, would suggest a set of limb tips if you order from SA Sports, have read a hard knock or drop will crack the tips. Don't order a string from SA Sports as both of the alternatives mentioned before are superior. I would suggest a 6" serving. Those bumper mounts were custom made by me on my lathe & mill. The bumpers are "Danny Miller Rubber Baby Buggy Bumpers" available at his store or possibly eBay. Best bang for the dollar scope is the Ravin new take off scope from Wynvern Creations for$80. He upgrades is Ravin Xbow packages with high dollar replacements.

Registered
My bumper set is at the bottom of this thread.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts