Crossbow Nation banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everybody, I'm from sunny South Africa:)
I hunt with a 70lb Martin Cheeta and have 2 crossbow which I use to play with, an oldie with a woodstock (recurve-no name on it, I think it was made before the alphabet was invented) and a Perfectline 150lb (compound).
I had a Crissbow Crossbow which I hunted with, but that was a few years ago.
I plan to buy a decent crossbow one day again, but I have trouble putting my new .222 Winchester down lately.
Kind regards
Theuns

·
Obsessed Huntress
5,583 Posts
Oh, Welcome! I loved hunting in South Africa with my crossbow. I dream it and think it every day. Your name is right down my alley too. Wildeboer. I was so fortunate to be able and shoot the Diamond, (#1) Warthog with my crossbow while hunting in the Limpopo area. Yep. Went to Africa to chase hogs. I could watch warthogs or Blue Wildebeest all day, everyday.
Please stick around and share your adventures with us. It'll be so very interesting.

·
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
old bow

Digger
I think mine isn't that old. I'll try to put a pic up soon.

Guide Girl
I stay and hunt in the Northen Cape, it's like the Australian Outback, much bush and thorns with the occational thorn tree. Walk and stalk is a bit difficult, but we manage to hunt with the string machines.

Kind regards

·
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Digger,
I did manage to attach the pic, it was when I bought it. It looks much better now, re-did the woodwork, new string, new iron peep with pins etc.... all custom made. The speed is about 210fps with a 350gr arrow...:rolleyes:

·
329 Posts
wildeboer,

WELCOME to the site.

now when are you going to invite all of us in the USA to your place to hunt??? ====> ROTFLMRAO!!

yours, texasnative46

·
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
hunting in South Africa

You are welcome to come and hunt in my country, I am not a qualified PH yet but I do take clients out. I haven't taken a overseas client yet but I will if my plans work out this year.
Here is a some food for the soul, a springbuck taken with my Martin compound bow

Attachments

·
Obsessed Huntress
5,583 Posts
Sweet! Nice Springbok. You said yet, so how much more school do you have to go before your a Professional Hunter? I understand it is intense training to get the title of PH. It's a good thing though, and glad to see it set up that way in Africa. If it were set up that way here in the USA, it would knock out 90% of the so called Guides, and bring more quality to those who do guide seriously.

·
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
PH "school"

I was busy with the course when I had to go back home- family crisis...
I want to do the bow guide course also(separate course), but I bought a house 2 months ago and renovations is first priority. In the meantime I do take inland clients only. I want to finish the ph-course one day soon seeing that I spend so much time in the wild.

Yes, the springbok is my favorite due to the price- meat against money and it is excellant, even for cooking. I will probably take a buck or two this winter with arrow and string, either crossbow or compound bow. Everything depends on the house...
Have a good one.

·
37 Posts
wildeboer

So we meet once again on the net Theuns. :)
It cannot be helped because we share the same passion.:D
Regards and welcome from the friendly city.
David

·
Incurable Tinkerer
5,031 Posts
Welcome to the forum. Interesting bow, that old one. If it could only talk, eh?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts