Crossbow Nation banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

Been perusing CBN for the last few months and figured I would need to ask a few questions. I'm semi-retired but still dabble here and there by teaching and volunteering. Last season was the first time in 30++ years I spent more than one day hunting and I'm hooked like never before, and so is the wife. On a whim in February I bought a crossbow since shooting rifles in the yard is frowned upon. On a friends advise I purchased a CP mercenary 390 and have been enjoying it. After the wife shot it a few times she wanted her own because this one didn't fit her well enough to carry in the woods. She did her research and purchased an R26. Needless to say she is holding under 2" groups at 60 yards and mine are a wee bit larger:rolleyes:. Research has led me to the arrow, should've known the stock sticks would be the limiting factor. Since I roll my own ammo, the logical step was to learn about arrows. Pulled out the ammo scale, built a cheap spine tester, and played around with three brands from the local shop. Did some paper testing and even bare shafted some. Read some of Dr. Ashby's work and am playing around with heavier points and FOC. Learned quite a bit from y'all at CBN already and look to learn more. And yes, I will be calling Jerry soon!

COB

·
Registered
62 Posts

·
Registered
973 Posts
Read some of Dr. Ashby's work and am playing around with heavier points and FOC. Learned quite a bit from y'all at CBN already and look to learn more. And yes, I will be calling Jerry soon!
You're certainly on the right track, my man. Now show the wife how to grill backstrap medallions.:cool::)

·
Registered
12,809 Posts
Welcome to the boards. :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts