Crossbow Nation banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just found the site from a member of Ohio Mafia Riders (ATV Forum).

I just sold my M4 A3 carbine so that i can buy a crossbow. My hunting buddy strong armed me into looking at them and i really started to like what i see and heard (specially the early hunting season for bows & deer).

I am looking in the 700$ price range and like the Ten Point gear... A few of their bows are around that price... Not sure what to get though. TL-7, Pro-Fusion, etc.

Any suggestions would be cool. I am not exactly the strongest guy in the world so i don't think I can cock a 200+ pound pull bow... Not that i have EVER cocked a crossbow at all.

This will be my FIRST crossbow experience!

Thanks everyone!

·
Administrator
6,085 Posts
Welcome to the site. We are glad to have you.:rolleyes:
There are a lot of manufacturers providing a bow in that price range. You really should shoot some first before you buy to see which one's you like. If you really do like TenPoint's, they are a very good bow with excellent customer service. Plus they are local for you. About an hour or so away.

·
1,071 Posts
Welcome to the site! I use a Parker Safari Magnum 150# this is not to hard to cock with a rope cocker and plenty powerful for medium size animals. The customer service is second (email or by phone)to none along with their life time warranty. You can get most of the crossbows they make in the price range you mention and they are made in Virginia. Most of the packages come with scopes, arrows and rope cockers and they also have more complete packages available.I have put a link to their site for your convenience. As Urban Legand said try to shoot as many as you can. I believe you can't go wrong with the Parker I like mine alot. You also will need to decide what type scope you want Parker offers red dot and cross hair style scopes. My preference is the cross hair style they have point of aim for 20-30-40-50 yards. I hope this helps and I wish you luck in your search and purchase.
pa crossbow

http://www.parkerbows.com/pb/2007/crossbows.html

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Wow now I am definitely going to have to have a tough decision. I was pretty set on what i found until i followed your link to the Parker bows and saw the "Cyclone". Six position retractable stock, and a picatinney rail... Its like having my M4 back as a crossbow

Any one have any good reviews of these bows?

·
1,071 Posts
1 - 6 of 6 Posts