Crossbow Nation banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone hope u guys are doing great!
I've been hunting with guns but never used a crossbow before so here I am. It would be great if u guys can suggest me with the perfect crossbow for hog hunting, as well as a thermal scope. I'm willing to spend approx 600 bucks.
As I will be importing it to Pakistan your help regarding accessories (heads,arrows,cables,etc) would be of great help.
Thank you.

·
Premium Member
3,746 Posts
Welcome Salman.
I am no expert, but you may want to check out the CenterPoint line of crossbows.
They have many options below your price range, without shipping included, of course.

In Pakistan, it may be easier to order the similar Man-Kung variety.

If you have access to Ebay, there are some new and used ones there as well.
Good luck and keep us posted on your journey.

Cheers,
dynamo61

·
Registered
14,026 Posts
Welcome to the boards and good luck in your search.:)

Reactions: Salman and dynamo61

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
As I will be importing it to Pakistan your help regarding accessories (heads,arrows,cables,etc) would be of great help.
Salman... It's been 11 days since anyone commented, so I'm going to throw out some ideas to see what reaction I get. Bow: Centerpoint Whisper Elite 370, hog hunting is going to break some arrows, so I wouldn't buy $20 arrows that are going to cost a mint to ship overseas. Buy a .003 straight, spine indexed, 9.1 gr/in or heavier with 90-100 grain insert. Start with Magnus Black Hornet fixed 4-blade BH that you have honed SUPER SHARP. Magnus heads are guaranteed for life. Bow will come with cables, string, and arrows. Shooting at night, you might want lighted nocks, arrow is a lot easier to find after a passthrough.

Arrow build should give you an 18% or better Front of Center (FOC) balance point. This simply means that the balance point of the complete arrow is a distance equal to 18% of its total length in front of the geometric center of the carbon tube. There are calculators online that will give total arrow weight and FOC for all combined components.

My hunting arrow is 570 grains with an FOC ~ 22%. I use a 200 grain insert with a 125 gr BH to counter balance a 36 gr lighted nock and 27 grains of fletching.

Hope this gives you some starting points. Good luck with you hog hunts.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts