Crossbow Nation banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I am looking at buying a new bow this year. I have searched for information regarding what bow to purchase and with so many options and no extensive knowledge I thought I would ask for opinions. I want a quality bow that will not need more then average maintenance. I would like to stay around or under $1000. Right now my interest is in the Tenpoint Stealth NXT and the Wicked Ridge RDX 400. I like the idea of the reverse limbs on the RDX 400. The Stealth I can get for $1000 with Rangemaster scope, Acu pro, and Evo arrows. RDX for $800 with pro scope and Acu Pro draw. I would toss the aluminum arrows and get carbon. How is string wear with these models? Aluminum barrel vs the synthetic? Other notable models to consider? Thanks for your advice!

·
Registered
826 Posts
Scorpyd Deathstalker if you like the reverse limb design. For recurves, Excalibur. My only experience in crossbow usage. Good Luck!

Reactions: WIDEOPEN

·
160 Posts
The RDX 400 by Wicked Ridge is one Phenomenal Choice. If You like the reverse Limbs, then You simply can’t go wrong with choosing the RDX 400. My only other suggestion is the Tenpoint Turbo M1 which also comes with the ACUdraw Pro. The Features of that Crossbow is outstanding. I have one & not ONE problem with it. By Choosing Tenpoint/Wicked Ridge, You have the assurance of knowing that their Crossbows are made here in America AND they have the NUMBER ONE rated Customer Service in the Entire Crossbow Industry! Which ever You choose, You simply cannot go wrong with owning a Tenpoint. Either the Aluminum Barrel or The Synthetic Barrel will provide Years of Service with a little TLC along the way. Good Luck 🍀 & Have a Safe & Successful Season!

·
Registered
5,421 Posts
I am looking at buying a new bow this year. I have searched for information regarding what bow to purchase and with so many options and no extensive knowledge I thought I would ask for opinions. I want a quality bow that will not need more then average maintenance. I would like to stay around or under $1000. Right now my interest is in the Tenpoint Stealth NXT and the Wicked Ridge RDX 400. I like the idea of the reverse limbs on the RDX 400. The Stealth I can get for $1100 with Rangemaster scope, Acu pro, and Evo arrows. RDX for $800 with pro scope and Acu Pro draw. I would toss the aluminum arrows and get carbon. How is string wear with these models? Aluminum barrel vs the synthetic? Other notable models to consider? Thanks for your advice!
Let me suggest another approach with the RDX400. Call Dave at Wyvern and see what a package would cost for the RDX400, EVO-X Marksman scope and either his Dragon Claw arrows or the EVO-X CenterPunch arrows. The scope upgrade past the RMP and better arrows would be one Wicked RDX400 combo!

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The RDX 400 by Wicked Ridge is one Phenomenal Choice. If You like the reverse Limbs, then You simply can’t go wrong with choosing the RDX 400. My only other suggestion is the Tenpoint Turbo M1 which also comes with the ACUdraw Pro. The Features of that Crossbow is outstanding. I have one & not ONE problem with it. By Choosing Tenpoint/Wicked Ridge, You have the assurance of knowing that their Crossbows are made here in America AND they have the NUMBER ONE rated Customer Service in the Entire Crossbow Industry! Which ever You choose, You simply cannot go wrong with owning a Tenpoint. Either the Aluminum Barrel or The Synthetic Barrel will provide Years of Service with a little TLC along the way. Good Luck 🍀 & Have a Safe & Successful Season!
Excellent. Thank you for your opinion. Good luck to you!

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Let me suggest another approach with the RDX400. Call Dave at Wyvern and see what a package would cost for the RDX400, EVO-X Marksman scope and either his Dragon Claw arrows or the EVO-X CenterPunch arrows. The scope upgrade past the RMP and better arrows would be one Wicked RDX400 combo!
Great idea. How could I go about contacting Dave? Any opinions on the Stealth NXT ?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
The Stealth Nxt I mentioned for $1000 seems like a lot of bow for the money. I am thinking I would be hard pressed to do better?

·
Registered
2,876 Posts
How many that have had rdx 400 Still shoot this as primary? This is question you need answered. Better out there now for same money. Swat xp is an upgrade in every category. Do some research ,read all the forum reviews first. With 400 gn arrow,40fps faster,,head and shoulders better trigger.(this is important) accuracy and lifetime warranty. Sorry but reading thru TP forums last 4 pages is nothing but stories of 1 failure after another. Limbs ,strings ,dryfire,trigger problems time to call this out. There are obvious problems.

·
Registered
5,421 Posts
How many that have had rdx 400 Still shoot this as primary? This is question you need answered. Better out there now for same money. Swat xp is an upgrade in every category. Do some research ,read all the forum reviews first. With 400 gn arrow,40fps faster,,head and shoulders better trigger.(this is important) accuracy and lifetime warranty. Sorry but reading thru TP forums last 4 pages is nothing but stories of 1 failure after another. Limbs ,strings ,dryfire,trigger problems time to call this out. There are obvious problems.
My brother in law is in season 3 with his RDX400. No issues so far but he hasn't dry fired it either. I hunted with 2 of this bow's predecessors in the Storm and Vortec and both were solid performers.

Let's not confuse our new crossbow hobbyist with generalizations because ALL of those TP issues that have any frequency have nothing to do with the RDX400. Most have to do with user caused issues on the new 2020 ACUslide bows (dryfire, strings, trigger box) and are results of incorrect cocking procedures and poor or no care taken to maintain strings and cables.

Does TP have some work to do on their product, sure they do. Do users of these new TP bows often not read anything about them or watch the videos made for instruction? Yes, many are guilty of that and some do suffer failures related to it.

Personally I have no issue with KI products nor the Swat or Swat XP. Does KI have work to do on their products as well, sure they do and like TP they are doing it and in many cases learning along the way.

·
Registered
5,421 Posts
You have much more experience than I. Would you take an rdx 400 over a Swat xp if offered?
The RDX 400 is quite a different bow than the Swat XP and until I can see a Swat XP, shoot it and handle it a bit I really can't say. From what I read, hear and see about it, I probably would. I like small form factor xbows that are fast and accurate. That said, I doubt I'd take the Swat XP over a Viper S400 which is slower, bigger and more expensive. When the Swat has a comparable integrated cocking and de-cocking system it may be different.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
I went to Wyverncreations. With the ability to choose the package and upgrade I probably would have bought the Rdx 400 but it was not in stock. I bought the Stealth Nxt. I felt I was getting a lot of bow for the money at $1000, more then I really wanted to spend. If money were not an issue, the XR-410 would probably be my first choice. I hope to find out that the Stealth is all I need it to be. Thanks to all that have contributed to my decision. I am enjoying reading and learning from the forum

·
8,999 Posts
I went to Wyverncreations. With the ability to choose the package and upgrade I probably would have bought the Rdx 400 but it was not in stock. With only one more available, I bought the Stealth Nxt. I felt I was getting a lot of bow for the money at $1100, more then I really wanted to spend. If money were not an issue, the XR-410 would probably be my first choice. I hope to find out that the Stealth is all I need it to be. Thanks to all that have contributed to my decision. I am enjoying reading and learning from the forum
Great choice … good luck with it. Excellent crossbow, excellent dealer.

·
Banned
5,180 Posts
Right now my interest is in the Tenpoint Stealth NXT and the Wicked Ridge RDX 400. I like the idea of the reverse limbs on the RDX 400. RDX for $800 with pro scope and Acu Pro draw.
I’m wanting to get a backup since I recently sold 3 great crossbows.

A local guy has a supposedly brand new RDX 400 that I could probably nibble down to $450 or so, but the known creep of the T4 trigger that people complain about keeps me from going to look at it.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts