Crossbow Nation banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Obsessed Huntress
5,583 Posts
To me, it just looks like the outer wrapping. I'd shoot it. Your decision though. If it looks like it's all the way through to the cable, don't. THe picture doesn't show all the details to be for sure.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I just looked at it again and it looks like a knot where they tired the serving off and started a new peice.

·
Premium Member
115 Posts
I would call the manufacture, as they are the only ones
that could give you the proper answer for that kind of a question.

All we can do, is look at your picture and guess !!!!

·
310 Posts
AC,
Can we see what it looks like cocked?
Thant may give us a better view to assist you better.

Thanks,
Mark

·
47 Posts
Urban Legend said:
Just burn it down with a flame and keep shooting. You'll be fine. Make sure not to burn anything else. Use a match, or a lighter on the lowest setting.
I agree...It looks like the serving unraveled a little.

·
38 Posts
It looks like it well may be a knot where two pieces of serving were joined together. I've run into splices like that in the middle of a spool of serving before. I guess the manufacturer didn't want to waste a spool?
If it were mine I'd burn (melt) the loose ends and keep shooting, but watch it closely for several shots.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I have shot at least 20 more bolts through it today and nothing has changed with it, I am convinced that it is a knot. I found another knot on the left side of the center serving, but this knot looks as though horton already burned it down for me.....do I have to burn down the other knot? it doesnt bother me, and I don't want to screw up anything....so can I leave it?

And Mr. Beck(Hoss), I cant take any more pics right now, that was my friends camera......

·
Obsessed Huntress
5,583 Posts
Leave it or burn it. Whatever makes you feel better. Snip it with scissors if you don't want to look at it. It'll be okay. Go have fun!

·
Incurable Tinkerer
5,031 Posts
The know on the left side isn't...it's where the serving was either started and the end was served over or the serving ended and pulled under. It's that way with all strings.
On yours, looks like a knot and it's no biggy..my Cyclone factory strings came with no loop serving at all on one side.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts