Crossbow Nation banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
5,167 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is this RDT a good bow? I’m not a fan if it comes with Omni nocks.

What should I be looking for? Thanks.

Reactions: dynamo61

·
Registered
38 Posts
I've had mine going on 2yrs now, I love it, Omni nocks are dangerous for this crossbow, I snapped two sets of strings, Tenpoint replaced them and sent me new arrows with Alpha nocks... Problem solved so even though it calls for Omni nocks DON'T do it, Tenpoint now recommends Alpha nocks for this bow

·
Registered
5,167 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Impaladre - I’ve already sent the guy an email asking what nocks are on his shafts.

I found a pic of a Horton Vortex RDX and it looks like the same exact bow except for a different bend in the stirrup and the graphics.

·
Registered
38 Posts
No problem, just didn't want anyone to go through what I did with the Omnis, it splintered a bolt the 1st time, it could've been a lot worse, it was pretty scary both times

·
Registered
100 Posts
I ve had the RDX since the first day it hit the market. Shoots great. I use Spynall Tapps. 454 grain arrow w/100 grain fieldpoint. I ve had to change limbs twice this year alone. They tend to splinter.. NOW ,, dont get the wrong idea.. ALL bows limbs splinter eventually, I saw 2600.00 crossbows with splintered limbs. From TP, Ravin and Mission,,they ALL do it. Great bow. I think you ll love it. Handles well. balance is awesome. cant shoot the same spot on a target as it costs me arrows. anything else, feel free to ask

·
Registered
48 Posts
Ditto on the omni nocks. If he has the omni nock arrows, you can switch them over to the alpha nocks with the tenpoint kit to do so

Sent from my SM-J727T using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,584 Posts
You will need to purchase a bigger stirrup if your intending on cocking by hand instead of crank.

·
Registered
5,167 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
You will need to purchase a bigger stirrup if your intending on cocking by hand instead of crank.
I’ve decided to pass, even though it has the accuracy-draw inside the butt stock web. (I might call TP to see if I can get a T5 trigger assy and upgrade.

·
Registered
5,167 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I filled out an info request to TenPoint about the T4 trigger on the RDX 400 and if an upgrade is available for a T5. I got an answer from Randy Wood and I would take this mean a T5 won’t fit the RDX 400. Bummer.

"All of the RDX 400 bows have the T4 trigger in them. There is not an option for the T5 on those bows".

·
Registered
5,167 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I sent Randy another question whether the T5 will fit the RDX 400 or that TenPoint just didn’t want their crossbows modified.

He responded that the T5 has a different “box” and will not fit the RDX 400. And that’s that!

·
Registered
5,167 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

·
Registered
1,794 Posts
Don't worry about the trigger. It's not much different. I have a T5 in my Stealth NXT. I can't see any difference to the trigger on my Carbon Nitro RDX.

·
Registered
2 Posts

[/QUOTEing
Im developing a nervous tick each time now I shoot it. Maybe 100 shots on it to dated. Maybe 40 shots on it the limb on the top right side began making little cracking sound and I could see the limb was begging to separate. Run up to get my phone and some pictures of it and both right limbs snapped before I got the pics. New limbs installed 2 months ago. Now at nearly 100 shots on it the lower left limb is beginning to separate like the first one. I know just one person with the RDX400 and on of his limbs is beginning to separate. Look if over and examine the limbs!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts