Crossbow Nation banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello, i wanna buy a crossbow, my budget is 150 euro.

i have no idea about anything, so i need some advice.

how can i tell if a crossbow is powerful? draw weight? is the FPS only the speed? or because it's faster it also has more impact power?

what's the difference between compound and a normal crossbow other than it's easier to draw?

what do i need to look for when choosing a crossbow online? i don't have any shops near so i have to go online.

i'll be using the crossbow for fun, shooting at targets, maybe hunting...

i'll be buying from here https://www.target-softair.com/cat0_333_334-fucili-a-balestra.php?orderby=prezzo_asc

·
Registered
434 Posts
Research your questions on the web and here on this forum. They are all basic questions that can be quickly answered using the search function on this forum. Once you've done that then you will be able to choose a platform for your new crossbow. Then the people here on the forum can help you to further refine your wants and needs.

Until you have a better grasp on what you are really looking for searching for a crossbow will be a long and tedious process.

Good Luck.

Bill

·
Registered
4,699 Posts
One Euro equals a $1.17 U.S. There fore 150 Euro equals $1.17 x 150 = $175.50 U.S.
Very slim chance of finding a crossbow at that price. Add shipping and possibly import fees.

Crossbows are rated by draw weight which is the strength of the limbs in pounds. Example 150, 165 ,185 etc.
Feet per second (FPS) is the speed a certain weight arrow-point combination travels when shot through a chronograph.
A crossbow can be advertised as say shooting a 380 grain arrow-point combination at 400 feet per second. Shooting a
heavier arrow-point combination, for very 10 grains over, one usually loses 3 feet per second. Shooting under which
most manufactures do no recommend, one gains 3 feet per second for every 10 grains under.

Other up grades to consider: better quality string and cables, a higher quality scope and possibly better arrows. If a
long distance from a bow shop, a press and learn how to use it. A good quality target.

The riser on a crossbow (the bow section) is quite similar to a vertical bow. It lies horizontal and fastens to a rail-stock.
Some crossbows have cams (wheels) similar to a vertical bow while others do not. The crossbows with out cams take
less maintenance and tuning. These crossbows are wider.

Wishing you all the best.
Take care.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
One Euro equals a $1.17 U.S. There fore 150 Euro equals $1.17 x 150 = $175.50 U.S.
Very slim chance of finding a crossbow at that price. Add shipping and possibly import fees.

Crossbows are rated by draw weight which is the strength of the limbs in pounds. Example 150, 165 ,185 etc.
Feet per second (FPS) is the speed a certain weight arrow-point combination travels when shot through a chronograph.
A crossbow can be advertised as say shooting a 380 grain arrow-point combination at 400 feet per second. Shooting a
heavier arrow-point combination, for very 10 grains over, one usually loses 3 feet per second. Shooting under which
most manufactures do no recommend, one gains 3 feet per second for every 10 grains under.

Other up grades to consider: better quality string and cables, a higher quality scope and possibly better arrows. If a
long distance from a bow shop, a press and learn how to use it. A good quality target.

The riser on a crossbow (the bow section) is quite similar to a vertical bow. It lies horizontal and fastens to a rail-stock.
Some crossbows have cams (wheels) similar to a vertical bow while others do not. The crossbows with out cams take
less maintenance and tuning. These crossbows are wider.

Wishing you all the best.
Take care.
i saw plenty of crossbows's in that price range on that website, and with similar characteristics to expensive ones..

1 - 5 of 5 Posts