Crossbow Nation banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
654 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am wanting to replace the string on my older Excalibur Vortex Crossbow. I want a quality string. I looked on eBay and found Proline and 60x but that was about it. What's your thoughts about those two brands? Thanks

·
Happy Member
5,433 Posts
Www.boocustomstrings.com for the best and last Flemish String you will ever need also comes with lifetime reservings!

Sent from my iPhone X using Tapatalk

Reactions: DrJuice

·
Registered
654 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks again guys for your assistance. I got in touch with Blacktail on here and purchased a string from him.

·
Registered
2,529 Posts
For sure go flemish, I like Blacktail for mine, but Boo or Danny miller @ Horizontal Archery are all good twisters, I just prefer Blacktail.

·
Registered
473 Posts
Boo has the best flemished strings!

Reactions: DrJuice

·
Registered
2,529 Posts
Boo has the best flemished strings!
Just wondering how many a blacktail's also known as Vixenmaster on Excalibur forums. Have you owned, in force 10 or 8190, or fast flight for that matter any quality material. I've owned all three makers strings. All good choices, but prefer Vixenmasters myself, in force 10 or 8190 material, personally the best I've used.

Reactions: 22LR

·
Registered
10,377 Posts
I have Don's strings and Mike's strings and it is very very hard to tell a difference in them. I like them both.
I do have one of Don's on currently and it has not budged since I adjusted brace height after about 25 shots around a year ago. :)

·
Registered
338 Posts
To the guys that have been running flemish on the old wide limbers... Does a good flemish take some time to settle in for consistency? I'm not talking stretch for brace height, which you'd expect, but for shooting groups.

A little while back I put a Flemish from a not to be named well known string maker, and though I didn't have a chrono, at 60 yds my arrow drop was exactly the same, so I figured no gain in fps over factory string. But what I noticed was huge variation in side to side consistency of the groups. Shot multiple groups with the flemish this way, had my arrows numbered so we new it wasn't arrow variation, and the grouping was consistently spread out left to right. Put the factory string back on, and groups tightened right back up.

Just wondering if I didn't give that flemish enough time??

·
Happy Member
5,433 Posts
Flemish string shoots better than Endless loop strings. Lasts longer, less vibration and less creep once it’s stretched out. I only shoot Flemish strings. Boo makes the best 40 strand string! Vixenmaster makes a good FastFlite Flemish string. Boo is by far the best and favorite for my Excalibur bows.

Www.boocustomstrings.com

Sent from my iPhone X using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,529 Posts
I have used Vixenmaster's, alias blacktail, Mike H. etc strings in 8190, fast flight +, 452, Force 10, I personally liked the Force 10 best for noise and smoother shooting over his ff+. The 8190 and 452 I liked better also, but the Force 10 to me was a smoother shooting string. All three materials had less stretch from day 1, but that could have been that the ff+ just wasn't stretched as well from the beginning. I do think I got a couple more fps from the ff+, but even 10 fps is meaningless out to 40 yards. I can also change between those strings, with no need to rezoro, all shoot to the same point of aim from either string maker.

Reactions: 22LR

·
Registered
13,221 Posts
Ive shot Vixenmaster and Boo strings. Both shoot GREAT and I cannot seem to wear any of 'em out. And....Ive never had the problems that wheelsquad has had with any of my strings.

Reactions: wildcatter

·
Registered
102 Posts
Shot multiple groups with the flemish this way, had my arrows numbered so we new it wasn't arrow variation, and the grouping was consistently spread out left to right. Put the factory string back on, and groups tightened right back up.
The only guess I have right now is, maybe the string & center serving are too thick? Does the string get pushed down (below the top of the rail - toward the trigger box) by the latch fingers when cocking it? If that ain't it then I've run out of guesses. I've never experienced anything like that.

·
Registered
338 Posts
The only guess I have right now is, maybe the string & center serving are too thick? Does the string get pushed down (below the top of the rail - toward the trigger box) by the latch fingers when cocking it? If that ain't it then I've run out of guesses. I've never experienced anything like that.
Next time I have it on there I'll have a look. Thanks.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts