Crossbow Nation banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently received my new scope for my suppressor a Tac100 and I’m having trouble sighting it in. When I’m on at 20yd I’m off at 30 and 40. I adjusted the speed ring but it was not changing the POI So I called Excalibur and they said to zero it in at 30 and 40 so now I’m on at 40 but off at 20. I’m shooting spynal taps @395gr. At 330 FPS spent 3hrs today trying to sight in. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
10,835 Posts
Look through the scope while turning the speed ring up. Is the magnification working? If not you got a defective scope. The speed dial is nothing more than a magnification ring with speeds printed on it.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sorry that I’m a little slow with this, but is the yardage supposed to magnify

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
My first Excalibur crossbow had that speed ring. If I remember correctly, the lower the setting, the more magnification. I set mine on 300 and left it there. I sighted my bow in at 20 yards. At 30, I was a bit low, so I raised the elevation till I was dead on. Went back to 20, still good

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I think my scope is defective. I don't see any changes in magnification. My arrow hits the same spot even if it set to 300 or 475. Thank you for your help

Sent from my SM-G975U1 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
13,334 Posts
Looking thru a crossbow scope and twisting the speed ring is the same as looking thru a rifle scope and turning the variable power ring. If your scope doesn't change the magnification then something is definitely wrong with it.

·
Registered
263 Posts
Hi with all speed dial scopes there must be correct procedure of sighting in followed throu. I wrote about that in my posts before in
"Excalibur matrx 380 problems and modifications'.
But guys are wright , when u turn speed dial and looking in, the scope reticle doesnt move only picture of a target zooms in and out. If this is not the case then the scope is defective.
Hope this helps

·
Registered
13,334 Posts
Yea, Excalibur warrants scope just ;like they do the crossbow.:) Ive had one replaced on my Excal.

Reactions: robertyb
1 - 10 of 10 Posts