Crossbow Nation banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Banned
Nemesis 480 & DeathStalker 380, I live near Greensburg PA. I enjoy building custom strings
7,724 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As many of you already know I'm building custom strings and cables. Well, I'm running into a bit of a road block here. I cannot find all the sizes and specs o need to build some strings accurately. I'm not about to go and start guessing on the different lengths and what not so, I'm reaching out to my fellow Archers in hopes they can contribute some information.
I would like to keep this thread ongoing for as long as I need the diferent specs on all these diferent strings I'm building for everyone who would like one from me.
The first one I need is for the TenPoint Shadow NXT. I have the string legnth as being 31.56" long, converted it's 31 9/16", is this correct ? I'm pretty sure that's accurate but o cannot find the specs for the cables. Does anyone know how long the cables for the Shadow NXT is ?
I'll need more as time goes. Thanks !

·
Registered
1,569 Posts
Reactions: Martymig

·
Crossbow Nut
5,717 Posts
As many of you already know I'm building custom strings and cables. Well, I'm running into a bit of a road block here. I cannot find all the sizes and specs o need to build some strings accurately. I'm not about to go and start guessing on the different lengths and what not so, I'm reaching out to my fellow Archers in hopes they can contribute some information.
I would like to keep this thread ongoing for as long as I need the diferent specs on all these diferent strings I'm building for everyone who would like one from me.
The first one I need is for the TenPoint Shadow NXT. I have the string legnth as being 31.56" long, converted it's 31 9/16", is this correct ? I'm pretty sure that's accurate but o cannot find the specs for the cables. Does anyone know how long the cables for the Shadow NXT is ?
I'll need more as time goes. Thanks !
Marty, what ya gotta do is buy each model of crossbow you'll be making strings for. It's the only sure way to get em right. I'm sure your wife will understand and agree wholeheartedly! Hey business is business LOL

·
Premium Member
6,185 Posts
Text Document Paper Font Paper product
Text Font Paper Document Paper product
Maybe this will help Marty! I tried to upload the file and send it here,but kept telling me it was too large,so I printed the pages and took a pic for you.

Reactions: Martymig

·
Banned
Nemesis 480 & DeathStalker 380, I live near Greensburg PA. I enjoy building custom strings
7,724 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Marty, what ya gotta do is buy each model of crossbow you'll be making strings for. It's the only sure way to get em right. I'm sure your wife will understand and agree wholeheartedly! Hey business is business LOL
That's too funny but wouldn't that be great !

·
Banned
7,724 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·

·
Banned
7,724 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
looking for the shadow NXT string strand count and twists. nothing on the internet with this info. can anyone help?
String-31 9/16"
Cables-12 3/4"
Strand count all depends on what material your using and what desired end diameter you want after the chosen serving diameter is on. Keep in mind certain nocks require certain diameters to fit correctly. I normally use anywhere from 38- 44 strands of 8190F or noe recently Mercury to get anywhere from .145 - .165....each material has diferent strand sizes which requires less strands to achieve these.

·
Banned
7,724 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I would go with a final diameter of .155 thats right in the middle of most strings.

·
Banned
7,724 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Anytime ! You really should PM Don Katsumi(Boo) though. He is a walking encyclopedia for string information !

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.