Crossbow Nation banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
360 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As I have been working on sighting in my Barnett TS370 I've noticed that I'm not getting consistent cheek weld on the butt stock. Out to about 30yds this doesn't seem to make much of a difference. But starting at about 40yds I begin to get inconsistent. I've noticed that I have to crane my neck a little to get a good view through the scope. I'm not sure what to do about this. It seems I've seen attachments that are supposed to help but I don't know if any of these things would even fit the butt stock of the crossbow. Anyone have any suggestions?

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

·
8,867 Posts
Don't laugh … "duct tape and foam" until you get the configuration that works for you. Then you can go to an aftermarket cheek piece if the redneck look bothers you...lol

Reactions: Pastorjim

·
970 Posts
Check out godagrip.com
They offer fully customizable cheek pads that will give you a perfect cheek weld. If you have any questions call them, the owner Mike will answer the phone and be happy to walk you through figuring out exactly what pad will get you situated.

Reactions: Pastorjim

·
Registered
3,392 Posts
As I have been working on sighting in my Barnett TS370 I've noticed that I'm not getting consistent cheek weld on the butt stock. Out to about 30yds this doesn't seem to make much of a difference. But starting at about 40yds I begin to get inconsistent. I've noticed that I have to crane my neck a little to get a good view through the scope. I'm not sure what to do about this. It seems I've seen attachments that are supposed to help but I don't know if any of these things would even fit the butt stock of the crossbow. Anyone have any suggestions?

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
A very simple way to achieve a consistent cheek weld is to simply take a of Velcro with an adhesive backing and cut a small 1 1/2" square and place it in the spot where you attain a good clear scope picture. Each time you shoulder for a shot that Velcro patch should be in the exact same location against your face. This will insure you are maintaining the same cheek weld position.

Jon Henry

1 - 5 of 5 Posts