Crossbow Nation banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Obsessed Huntress
5,583 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
"I don't mind if he wants to shoot a crossbow as long as both of his arms and legs are broke and he only has one eye". Now, would you find that offensive, or just playing around when spoken by a member of the Sask Bow Hunters Association? Maybe I'm wrong to take offense to this, so just getting another opinion on if I'm getting my feathers ruffled for nothing. Tell me what you think about this statement, please.

·
11,432 Posts
So we must ask that arrogant idiot's

permission and approval? "I don't mind" that there are people like him (no brains) out in the woods hunting but I'm glad he's not around me:ack2:

·
Hunter
6,187 Posts
Guide Girl said:
"I don't mind if he wants to shoot a crossbow as long as both of his arms and legs are broke and he only has one eye". Now, would you find that offensive, or just playing around when spoken by a member of the Sask Bow Hunters Association? Maybe I'm wrong to take offense to this, so just getting another opinion on if I'm getting my feathers ruffled for nothing. Tell me what you think about this statement, please.
I wonder if he would feel any different if in fact if all he described came true?.
I would take issue with that statement,That is sick!

·
Registered
25 Posts
do yourself a favor and dont sweat the idiot. it's not worth your time to worry about and idiot like that. some people are just born stupid and some have to really work at it. sounds like he is the first and he will never figure out that he;s the dumbass of the thread lol
rob k

·
Incurable Tinkerer
5,031 Posts
Of course he knows that 2/3 of the kind of folks he describes won't take up X bow hunting and he can have "his " deer all to himself.

·
211 Posts
Guide Girl said:

LOL

maybe you should break both this guys arms and legs and poke his eye out, then see what he has to say...

as far as taking offence over someone elses opinion? I have better things to do...

·
665 Posts
Is he from michigan? :D

·
342 Posts
Guide Girl said:
This guy is just a AH

·
224 Posts
Guide Girl said:
You do have an opportunity.

I've often seen/heard remarks like this followed up with "just kidding of course....well sort of..."

If its someone I already know I tell them (in private) "Look...I'm not telling you what to say or not say, whether you were kidding or serious, or a little of both, but it really makes you look bad regardless of your intent when you say something like that. Do what you want." I shrug my shoulders... leave it at that and walk away.

You just forced them to do all of the thinking, and its obvious that that's not one of their strong suits.

The part they respond to is 'look bad' and taking action ("do what you want").
It makes them think about what they've said and how they're perceived in the community they're in. You can see the gears grinding right before you turn around to walk away.

Sometimes they change because most people care about how they're perceived, and the ones who care most, I find, are the ones who say the loudest "I don't care what anyone else thinks..."

Obviously...they want us to care about what they do and think. Most people that don't care wouldn't say anything in the first place. They wouldn't care what someone hunted with as long as it didn't mess with them.

On the other hand....if its someone I don't know that says something like this...the chances of me getting to know them are pretty slim.

·
38 Posts
Opinions are like a...h..........
and it sounds like this guy IS one.
Truth probably is that he DOES mind if anyone hunts with a crossbow for any reason.

·
Obsessed Huntress
5,583 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Well I do know him really well as he was being transferred to Texas and asked us to babysit him for 3 months since he's never been out of Sask Canada. We have butted heads previously on the forum over crossbows. Once the company he worked for was bought out, he let the insults rip and of course, I didn't take it sitting down, but threw the facts out and shut him down. So, he posted a poll to see who thought crossbows should be used during archery season and had all his S.B.H.A. members post. I laughed. I actually posted that the poor thing got his panties in a knot to just rub it in and watch his temper show. It worked. That was 8 months ago. His friend antagonized this, but what his friend forgot was he was on the attack side of this guy in the past and we had a talk about it. In writing. Of course, I saved it. So, I just told him since he turned the bulldog loose in the neighborhood, he needed to get him muzzled and leashed before I showed him what all his bow hunter friends had to say about him, sending him into a deep depression, as I collected that info for future use.
Seems the thread was removed and he apologized to the member he directed that nasty comment to, blaming it on his friend who antagonized him. So, I'm pretty sure he's back to being muzzled and leashed. Otherwise, I tie a chunk of meat on his fellow bow hunting "friends" backsides and let him turn his anger on them. They are now in charge of leashing the beast as it's in their best interest. A bully is a bully. Now that would be fun to sit back and watch. I know. I'm bad. Sorry. I'm female. I don't get mad, I get even. Been taught by the best. That's dirty pool, but sometimes, you need to know how to play dirty when going up against the mean kids.
P.S. FORGOT! That member bought his first crossbow this past weekend. Awesome!

·
329 Posts
to all,

thanks be that i have an apartment & can hunt in VA too, inasmuch as there seems to be little hostility here to XB hunters.
(there's just FAR too many deer to "fight over". = 4-6 times as many deer as is "healthy for the herd". fyi, the DMV/DOT have placed numerous "deer crossing signs" on the I-495 BELTWAY in the last few weeks!!!)

and it's about 7 weeks till the urban WT season opens with NO "bag limit" except, "Do NOT waste game."======> WOO HOO!!! (GG, do you think i might have "the itch", already???)

yours, texasnative46

·
Obsessed Huntress
5,583 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
texasnative46 said:
to all,

thanks be that i have an apartment & can hunt in VA too, inasmuch as there seems to be little hostility here to XB hunters.
(there's just FAR too many deer to "fight over". = 4-6 times as many deer as is "healthy for the herd". fyi, the DMV/DOT have placed numerous "deer crossing signs" on the I-495 BELTWAY in the last few weeks!!!)

and it's about 7 weeks till the urban WT season opens with NO "bag limit" except, "Do NOT waste game."======> WOO HOO!!! (GG, do you think i might have "the itch", already???)

yours, texasnative46
It's so good to see you back. I was wondering where you were. You're always ready! Lucky guy!

·
329 Posts
GG,

do you have a GREAT recipe/directions for making venison link sausages???
(i'm told everyone from the SW TX area has their "family secret" & i "have the feeling" that i'm going to have a LOT of venison this year. yesterday evening i saw 4 deer just standing out by the road "checking out the passing traffic"!!!)

fwiw, my Uncle Peewee took his secret to the cemetery with him. i've seen him make it but he wouldn't tell anyone what was in it, except venison & pork!!! ======> [email protected]#$%^&!

yours, texasnative46

·
Obsessed Huntress
5,583 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
texasnative46 said:
GG,

do you have a GREAT recipe/directions for making venison link sausages???
(i'm told everyone from the SW TX area has their "family secret" & i "have the feeling" that i'm going to have a LOT of venison this year. yesterday evening i saw 4 deer just standing out by the road "checking out the passing traffic"!!!)

fwiw, my Uncle Peewee took his secret to the cemetery with him. i've seen him make it but he wouldn't tell anyone what was in it, except venison & pork!!! ======> [email protected]#$%^&!

yours, texasnative46
In our German background family, we use Dry ring as a regular table staple as well as jerky. But, the best recipe is my taxidermists. Rhodes Bros. in Kerrville TX. He's had lots more practice, and has the smoke room fired up all the time during season. The next best place is a place in Kerrville called Berharts. Awesome stuff as I'm a lifetime conesuer of sausage. Then, the German of Germans style goodies is in Fredricksburg Tx and called the Dutchmans. The very, very best jerky in the world other than South Africa.
Ship it to him ( Rhodes Bros.-Gary Broach) overnight on dry ice through another expediter and let him work his majic. Then, ship it back to Bexar county, or pick it up when you get back this way. That is something I've found is better done by the experts who have lots of practice.

Waiting for hurricane Dolly to bring some rain this afternoon! My pigs in south Texas could use a shower, I'm sure. I was on the tractor hauling stuff uphill yesterday, so I'm ready. All boats and trailers ready. ( I get flooded in at my home on the river here. ) The deer seemed nervous this morning when they came into the feeder behind the house. They seem to know somethings coming.

·
378 Posts
Great post!

oldbhtrnewequip said:
You do have an opportunity.

I've often seen/heard remarks like this followed up with "just kidding of course....well sort of..."

If its someone I already know I tell them (in private) "Look...I'm not telling you what to say or not say, whether you were kidding or serious, or a little of both, but it really makes you look bad regardless of your intent when you say something like that. Do what you want." I shrug my shoulders... leave it at that and walk away.

You just forced them to do all of the thinking, and its obvious that that's not one of their strong suits.

The part they respond to is 'look bad' and taking action ("do what you want").
It makes them think about what they've said and how they're perceived in the community they're in. You can see the gears grinding right before you turn around to walk away.

Sometimes they change because most people care about how they're perceived, and the ones who care most, I find, are the ones who say the loudest "I don't care what anyone else thinks..."

Obviously...they want us to care about what they do and think. Most people that don't care wouldn't say anything in the first place. They wouldn't care what someone hunted with as long as it didn't mess with them.

On the other hand....if its someone I don't know that says something like this...the chances of me getting to know them are pretty slim.
VERY good information IMHO

1 - 20 of 20 Posts