Crossbow Nation banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
anyone have trouble securing a Tetra XB to the Tenpoint picatinny rail?

was finalizing my Siege 60-yard sighting in process when i noticed my shots suddenly dropped 6 inches. glad I marked the rail with dots because I noticed my Tetra had slid forward about 1/2". when i was mounting the Tetra it seemed odd that the mount does not have an underneath slot grooves OR the mount's 2 screws do not actually slide through to take advantage of the xbow's picatinny rail grooves?

·
Registered
803 Posts
Had a similar problem on a wicked ridge RDX 400 although I wasn't using the tetra I had the regular HHA, the problem was the rail on the wr is narrower then the Ten Points rail even though Ten point claims the rails are the same width. Swapped out the WR rail with one off a Stealth, problem solved. Not sure this helps or not and I sure hope the rail on the Siege is the standard Ten point width. Oh yeah I had the dealer where I bought the WR call Ten Point to ask why the difference in widths, their response was there the same. My dealer did the swap of the rails and just scratched his head.

·
Registered
13,598 Posts
I have a scope that a rail was slightly undersized for so I took a very thin slice of rubber and used it on one side as a shim and that scope has not moved again in several years now. A very fast cheap fix.

·
Registered
803 Posts
All machined parts have a tolerance, maybe this rail or hha was machined undersize and the inspector said use as is. In my case it was the rail. Good luck and please let us know.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I will hopefully talk to hha monday. not sure why they wouldnt machine one male on the underside of their mount to sit in the female of the xbow‘s picatinny rail? Would make a huge difference on a tight fit IMO

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Received my Tetra back from HHA. they placed 2 new set screws on the mount and provided me with a small allen-threaded screw that fits on the underside of the base of the Tetra- that theoretically "keys" the unit in place on the crossbows picatinny rail?

HHA was very helpful and responded to all of my emails.

However, HHA's solution (potentially) does not completely solve a sliding-on-the-rail issue. if you set the allen screw forward- to touch the picatinny rail slot forward- it would prevent the mount from sliding further forward BUT (without the main 2 scews tightened on the mount) this allen screw does prevent a slight 1/8 inch play (backwards) in the female slot of the xbow‘s picatinny rail. hope this makes sense.

A slotted male pin on the underside of the hha mount- that would actually sit snug/flush in the female of the xbow‘s picatinny rail, would guarantee a tight fit. oh well. i'm gonna re-mount, re-tighten w/ new screws and hopefully no more sliding issues?

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
fyi update: i contacted TP about swapping the rail on my Siege. this was TP's response:
"there is no replacement rail for the Siege. The scope rail that comes with it is the only one for that model. The only difference between the rail on the siege and the stealth is the siege rail is picatinny style where the stealth is weaver style. Weaver will mount on picatinny but picatinny will not mount on weaver. I would suggest contacting HHA. They may have better information on how to mount it. "

·
Registered
67 Posts
Well the new side clamp from hha did not work on my nxt400. Going to try hca-079 extended rail and see if that works. I am about ready to bolt them together if this doesn't work. Or maybe a little TIG

·
Registered
67 Posts
Hopefully it's the same as the stealth rail. If not back to amazon and a call to tenpoint. Thanks for the advice

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I don't blame Tenpoint, most won't have an issue and HHA customer service was great but they need a better way to lead-pipe-lock-secure their mount to the picatinny rail grooves. anyway, these issues have steered me to the Burris

·
Registered
67 Posts
I agree, both hha and tenpoint were both very helpful and 1st class customer service. I found a solution for now using a .5 inch picatinny riser for an ar-15 that would allow my hha to tighten down all the way. Not ideal being taller, but it is tight and doable. While I would like to go the burris route also, it is out of my price range. Does anyone have experience with either the oracle 2 or the halo. Might be a future change.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts