Crossbow Nation banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,
I recently mounted at Leupold vendetta2 digital Rangefinder on my Excalibur micro 335. I'm looking for a good location to hide the wire and button, since it cannot cross the path of the cocking rope. Does anyone have any good ideas. Thanks

·
Registered
4,052 Posts
Run the wire down the scope rail to the back of the latch box and, then route it along the stock to a point where your finger can operate it while ready to pull the trigger. Black/ Camo gorilla duct tape works to hold it down. Glue gun works too. Double sided tape holds the activation switch on. You may or may not have to cut the wire and, extend it. No big deal I've done plenty. Solder and shrink wrap.
Ya I know bad pic but, the activation button is right by the trigger so, my knuckle can work it. Sled clears no problem.
That camo tape blends right in on that stock anyway.
20150627_175806.jpg

·
Registered
5,613 Posts
Hello,
I recently mounted at Leupold vendetta2 digital Rangefinder on my Excalibur micro 335. I'm looking for a good location to hide the wire and button, since it cannot cross the path of the cocking rope. Does anyone have any good ideas. Thanks
Did you mount it on the left or right side of your Excalibur?

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
20180730_124521.jpg
Did you mount it on the left or right side of your Excalibur?
I mounted it on the left. I think I will have to put the button near the safety, or on the side of the scope. My finger is pointing at button in pic. The cocking rope goes around the back of the crossbow, so it's difficult to get the wire in a position that the Rope doesn't cross it if you want to get near the trigger or foregrip. crossbows with built-in sleds like the assassin would not have the same problem

·
Registered
5,613 Posts
Both mine are mounted on the right but they're both Version 1, and I use Scott's eBay brackets so I can have it almost flush with the rear of the scope. I just run the wire around the back side with some tape or a dab from a glue gun and the thumb switch pad is located right above the grip. I just move my thumb up to activate - works great.

I've never played with a version 2 but the way it comes, it can only be used on the left side. However, I've heard that the gimbal underneath can be rotated 180 degrees to put the "flat" the push/pull screws work against on the correct position to mount on the right side.

I might pick up a #2 someday just to see it it can be rotated. Scott's eBay bracket is a must - I have the long one because the turret on the XBR sticks out further, I have the short bracket on the Dagger/XB75 because it's not as wide.

·
1,863 Posts
I took mine off but it was mounted on the right side like yours it was the V2 also. Looking at your pic i think id take the stock off and see if i could slip it between the rail and cocking grove. Even if i had to file a little grove. Then run it back out then along the flat part of the stock along the rail. Then down to the grip. Its been awhile since i fooled with a excal so i dont recall just how the stock fits back there. Just a idea :).

·
Registered
5,613 Posts
I took mine off but it was mounted on the right side like yours it was the V2 also. Looking at your pic i think id take the stock off and see if i could slip it between the rail and cocking grove. Even if i had to file a little grove. Then run it back out then along the flat part of the stock along the rail. Then down to the grip. Its been awhile since i fooled with a excal so i dont recall just how the stock fits back there. Just a idea :).

That's how I did it on my Mission. In addition to using the Dremyl on the orange RSD post, I had to notch the T-nut underneath it so the wire wouldn't get pinched against the rail housing.

DSCN0380.JPG
DSCN0381.JPG
DSCN0384.JPG
DSCN0372.JPG

Reactions: sbbow

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Both mine are mounted on the right but they're both Version 1, and I use Scott's eBay brackets so I can have it almost flush with the rear of the scope. I just run the wire around the back side with some tape or a dab from a glue gun and the thumb switch pad is located right above the grip. I just move my thumb up to activate - works great.

I've never played with a version 2 but the way it comes, it can only be used on the left side. However, I've heard that the gimbal underneath can be rotated 180 degrees to put the "flat" the push/pull screws work against on the correct position to mount on the right side.

I might pick up a #2 someday just to see it it can be rotated. Scott's eBay bracket is a must - I have the long one because the turret on the XBR sticks out further, I have the short bracket on the Dagger/XB75 because it's not as wide.
The aluminum bracket on eBay is the only way to mount it under the 30mm Excalibur scope and rail. Good product for sure.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts