Crossbow Nation banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
1,481 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Question
Being that most hunting crossbows are of high poundages, do you think that keeps many people from getting involved with them? I am not, of course, talking about the hunters who are built like football players. I am refering to light framed women (most of them are) and the young and old.

·
Obsessed Huntress
5,583 Posts
I can't speak for everyone, but myself and the ones I guide. NOPE. IF there's someone willing to help cock the bow, you get one shot.
In the beginning, I think it wasn't the poundage that really stopped me, but instead, I was scared of it hurting me. So, I would go afield solo, but I would have to stop at the feed store or someplace we traded and ask someone to cock my bow for me.
I got in the position while hunting alone where I had opportunity to take another hog, and I quickly learned I could cock the bow by myself, because I wanted another hog. I wanted to do it. The rest is history.
With cocking devices, there's no reason though now a days to stay away due to the cocking problem. I cock for my young grandson who took his first buck at the age of 6, and young hunters and huntresses who visit my camp. Not a problem.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts