Crossbow Nation banner
41 - 51 of 51 Posts

·
Crossbow Nut
4,654 Posts
Is there anywhere to get some of these aluminum hooks JP?
Oncebitten
Same guy who makes "munchmounts". Doesn't always have them though, sometimes waits until he gets several requests for them.

·
Crossbow Nut
4,654 Posts
I thought that Terry had quit making them. I have a couple of the ones he used to make.
Maybe he did, I've had these a long time, but if he got enough interest he might make more.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Thanks to Matt from Draggin Deer @MattDDO outdoors for making this video. This video hits home for me because as many of you know a hook breaking while jumping the rail is what took out my left eye. Always use the proper cocker for your bow!

Anyways...this is a great video for some of the new guys that I wish was out 2 years ago when I was just getting into CBs. I might just possibly still be a 2 eyed archer....

Have a great day guys and Merry Christmas!

Sorry to hear about your injury a few years back. Thank you for the informational video.
My little Mission Sniper Lite has a color coded orange with the word up on the right hook.
They do feel like plastic though. With a 150# draw, is the plastic vs aluminum hooks an issue?
Sunset

·
Registered
2,570 Posts
Discussion Starter · #47 ·
Sorry to hear about your injury a few years back. Thank you for the informational video.
My little Mission Sniper Lite has a color coded orange with the word up on the right hook.
They do feel like plastic though. With a 150# draw, is the plastic vs aluminum hooks an issue?
Sunset
Thanks Marsha!

Aluminum hooks would always be better than plastic IMO. But... my accident was a freak thing and not normal circumstances causing the hook to break, not to mention the one is a million chance that it would come back thru my eye.

I would say you are fine with the mission cocker. 150# it's not a very high draw weight and you are using the cocker that the manufacturer included with the bow. You are good to go without worry IMO.

Have a great day! Loving Florida weather BTW!

Reactions: JOE PA

·
4,569 Posts
I agree, Jim. Wouldn’t worry about a Sniper Lite. Never worried about the Dagger (220#) when it was here either. Today, my riser should be back from Burky, so I can put it and the Micro limbs on the draw board to find out what it says, but anticipating about 350#. Definitely going to set up my C2 with aluminum Munch hooks to go along with the spectra rope. Makes the most sense for this old geezer. ;)

·
Registered
2,570 Posts
Discussion Starter · #49 ·
I agree, Jim. Wouldn’t worry about a Sniper Lite. Never worried about the Dagger (220#) when it was here either. Today, my riser should be back from Burky, so I can put it and the Micro limbs on the draw board to find out what it says, but anticipating about 350#. Definitely going to set up my C2 with aluminum Munch hooks to go along with the spectra rope. Makes the most sense for this old geezer. ;)
350#! Yikes! Give me a come-a-long to crank that baby back! 🤣 Good luck Jeff, can't wait to see this bow done.

Reactions: dynamo61

·
Registered
8,192 Posts
Never worried about the Dagger (220#) when it was here either. Today, my riser should be back from Burky, so I can put it and the Micro limbs on the draw board to find out what it says, but anticipating about 350#.
So you’re expecting 350# pull from the 220# pull limbs?

Are the limb pocket angles different in the new riser to accomplish this?

·
4,569 Posts
So you’re expecting 350# pull from the 220# pull limbs?

Are the limb pocket angles different in the new riser to accomplish this?
No. The Dagger is on its way to Blacktail. The hybrid micro should be in the neighborhood of 350#. Probably know that today.

41 - 51 of 51 Posts