Crossbow Nation banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well decide that I would put my Red Dot on the Crossbow since I shipped the oher back to Horton for Repair. Bought a weaver base SS099 to fit and the mounting hole is too small. I am not getting a warm and fuzzy feeling from them. ;)
Anybody Else had these Problems? Thanks PeashooterJoe..

·
1,222 Posts
What mounting hole...?

The sight should clamp in the base groove with one of the cross fasteners dropping into a slot across the base. The other cross fastener sits above...the top of the base.
No holes needed or required.

Mike

·
327 Posts
Mike said:
What mounting hole...?

The sight should clamp in the base groove with one of the cross fasteners dropping into a slot across the base. The other cross fastener sits above...the top of the base.
No holes needed or required.

Mike
Ditto. I'm confused. Can you post a pic of what you're trying to accomplish ?

·
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I think you are missing the part about installing the weaver mount on crossbow with allen screw. Just got off phone with Customer service and it is a self tapping screw installed fine.. I can't understand why there isn't instructions in packagage. That would save a lot of hassels for Customer and Customer Service. Thanks PeashooterJoe

·
Industry Professional
28 Posts
PeashooterJoe said:
Well decide that I would put my Red Dot on the Crossbow since I shipped the oher back to Horton for Repair. Bought a weaver base SS099 to fit and the mounting hole is too small. I am not getting a warm and fuzzy feeling from them. :mad:
Anybody Else had these Problems? Thanks PeashooterJoe..
Peashooter Joe
The mounting hole on the rail is not tapped but the mounting screw even though it does not look like it is a self tapping screw.

·
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks Lady Horton..Well went to install on my Legend and my son wanted it on his summit. So he has it with a Red Dot and boy is he happy..Thanks PeashooterJoe..

1 - 7 of 7 Posts