Crossbow Nation banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Banned
402 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got to see and shoot my first Horton Recon today, all i can say is wow, it looks cool ,feels cool,and a real nail driver...Fantastic crossbow...way to go Horton..

Lets here from the Recon owners/ shooters?

·
1,222 Posts
I've had one for some time now.
Very happy with it. I put two of the Bowjax silencers on inside of the limbs...the only sound now that comes from the bow is a dull thud. With the OEM silencers in place and the Bowjax on the limbs....as you note...this thing rocks!
Quiet, accurate, a nice tidy package....

Mike

·
Banned
1,256 Posts

·
Banned
402 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Recon Fever

My son saw and shot the Recon yesterday, oh he has Recon fever, I told him it is to heavy for him,he is running around the house lifting everything he can find to show me how strong he is, push ups etc,

I guess that excuse is not going to work,lol

I guess there will be some Recons in the house soon, anything my son gets my daughter wants one also..They are both very good shots with a crossbows.

I guess we will be calling Jeff for a good deal, on 2 Recons for Christmas..or sooner..Because they both remind me deer season is only 2 months away.
As if I forgot,

·
Banned
1,256 Posts
Urban Legend said:
Not as fast, a little heavier, better balanced, good trigger, very quiet, and really cool looking.
Ok if you could only choose 1?

·
Banned
402 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
customer service makes it for me..

customer service makes it for me, I like good customer service were i spend my money, parts, etc,

Hortons 5 working days turn around time is awesome.
you call first you get a ro #
You send your crossbow in, they fix it, they call you first, tell you how much, if not under warranty and they ship it back to you fed ex and you pay the driver,
shipping and repair cost.in 5 working days
How nice is that.
You can call them and get a person to ask questions not a computer

·
1,222 Posts
And from my personal experience...they are interested in our thoughts about their equipment.

I know this is a pretty broad statement, but I'll have to leave it at that.

Anyway, very nice (and helpfull) people.
My Recon was missing the extra grip pieces...they sent them to me without hassle.

Mike

·
57 Posts
no vibration

Shot the Recon yesterday and the shot was so smooth I hardly knew I had pulled the trigger. Felt rather heavy at first and very well balanced but it sure was a pleasure to shoot. Not sure I would want to lug that 10 lb baby up and down hills too much but for target shooting it is right on.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts