Crossbow Nation banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
363 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My buddies String broke on his Horton Vortex RDX and he doesn't have a back up. He tried Ten Point, but there four weeks out. Do you know where he can get them quickly?

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
If you have any authorized Tenpoint service shops in your area, you might try them. They could very well have strings in stock, although Horton may be a tougher to find then a Tenpoint model. You could find a list of dealers on the Tenpoint website. Good Luck.

·
Registered
363 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
If it's string broke he most likely has other issues with the cams limbs Etc be careful

Sent from my LGLS885 using Tapatalk
It broke right at the center serving. The string is in its 2nd year, but only had 50 shots on it.

·
Registered
6,103 Posts
With out physically seeing the bow string, here are a few things that may have happened:
1)the bow string not built under enough tension causing it to stretch.
2)as in #1, applying the serving, eventually the serving could separate.
3)not enough tension when applying the serving. This could let the serving separate.

If the serving did separate and go either unnoticed or one kept shooting, this is when the
bowstring can be damaged enough to eventually break.

Note: for any one having a crossbow that uses 1/2 moon nocks, I highly recommend a 2nd .
serving layer using BCY .030. This is very high quality material and gives extra insurance to
prevent damage to the bow string. If the top layer did fail, the base layer will protect the bow
string. Using 1/2 moon nocks, one is not restricted to the serving diameter of the bowstring.

4)rough latches or a damaged arrow nock can easily damage a serving and or serving and
bow string.
5)imperfections on the crossbow rail.
6)possibly not being lubricated often enough (bowstring, serving and crossbow rail).
7)as for a bowstring drying out in storage, high heat or direct sun light can affect it, but not
normal room temperature.

Hope repairs can be obtained quick.
Wishing all the best.
Take care.

·
Registered
363 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
Archery shack will have you set in 2 weeks.
He picked up a set on Ebay. It will be to him by no later than the 23rd. We are hunting one week starting October 31st and he needed it quick. Hopefully no shipping delays. If he had more time Archery Shack would have been a great option. I am very sorry to hear about your X1. KI needs to improve their quality control.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts