Crossbow Nation banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
363 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Do you know where I can get a string quickly? Ten Pount is out 4 weeks.

Thanks!

·
Registered
6,103 Posts
If you know the length, check 60Xcustomstrings.com They give lengths for
different brands of crossbows and one of their lengths could be very close to
what you require. Normally, a bowstring is put over 1/4" pegs and pulled very
tight. Measurements are then taken from the outside of the pegs, but not the
outside of the loop. If the bowstring was a wee bit long, one could add 1/2 or
full twists to it.
A bit on the short side is better than too long as the string may stretch. If it does
not, no problem. It will lessen the axle to axle measurement which is just a guide
line and increase the speed in feet per second a bit.

Wishing you all the best.
Take care.

·
Registered
363 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
If you know the length, check 60Xcustomstrings.com They give lengths for
different brands of crossbows and one of their lengths could be very close to
what you require. Normally, a bowstring is put over 1/4" pegs and pulled very
tight. Measurements are then taken from the outside of the pegs, but not the
outside of the loop. If the bowstring was a wee bit long, one could add 1/2 or
full twists to it.
A bit on the short side is better than too long as the string may stretch. If it does
not, no problem. It will lessen the axle to axle measurement which is just a guide
line and increase the speed in feet per second a bit.

Wishing you all the best.
Take care.
Thanks Bunny Rabbit!

·
TenPoint Representative
2,309 Posts
It CAN take up to 4 weeks from TenPoint. Most accessories are shipping in a couple days. Have you checked your local shop, or Amazon or our dealer locator for a local service center?

·
Registered
363 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
It CAN take up to 4 weeks from TenPoint. Most accessories are shipping in a couple days. Have you checked your local shop, or Amazon or our dealer locator for a local service center?
Thanks for your reply. Is it normal for a string to break after 50 shots or is something else wrong with the bow. My buddy is going to have it looked at.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Green Automotive tire Bicycle fork Tire Motor vehicle
Thanks Model94 for running this past the folks here at Crossbow Nation. I did secure a replacement set of cables and string from a PA vendor on Ebay. They should arrive next week.

Shooting at a 40 yard target, the bolt went about 20 yards and buried in the ground. I did not notice any serving damage prior to shooting.

I will have the tech give the bow a full inspection prior to doing the work just to be safe, but the limbs look to be OK.

I was just about finished dialing in the HHA Tetra/Vortex Crossfire combo when this happened.

Thanks for the input.

·
Registered
Baltimore, MD - Ten Point Viper S400
821 Posts
So, the picture shown was of the new string that you/buddy just got off Ebay? If so, I wouldn't want to "try again" until you find the definite cause. Many more issue can be caused quickly. It sounds as if you are taking the right steps. My statements are just precautionary. GOOD LUCK & curious to see what you find.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Just to clarify, the picture is after the original string that came on the bow broke. The Ebay strings are on order so I can get the bow back up and running before our rut hunt beginning on Nov 1. Sorry for the confusion.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts