Crossbow Nation banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
Mission Sub-1
1,007 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I adopted my first xbow, a Mission Sub-1 which comes with Victory arrows and opted for the lighted nocks, what a freaking nightmare this has been!

It is about impossible to simply to turn them off after being shot. The fact is when I picked the bow up and shot it at the dealers, he used a putty knife to turn them off! So I go home to sight the bow in thinking it can't be that difficult. I had to use a piece of the material one uses under rugs to control slippage to turn some off, others I literally had to use pliers which then the whole nock would come out! For two months + I have gone though hell with mission not believing me at first until they confirmed it with my dealer who by the way has been awesome! Then Matthews/Mission says it almost never happens; sent me more arrows and the results are the same. Then they send me more and I'm told if they don't work I'd have to find other arrows!!!

I can't change the nocks as I was told the insert is glued in and if heated to remove will sacrifice the integrity of the carbon arrow shaft.

Please tell me how difficult your lighted knocks are to turn off and what options I have to correct this engineering disaster...

Thanking you in advance,
WTZ

·
Registered
15,567 Posts
I bought lumenocks and found that with my arrows I needed to "trim" the tabs on the nocks just a bit to make them easier to turn off. If this is what you have be very careful not to OVER-trim the tabs. IMO there are better lighted nocks to be had though. JMO...

Reactions: whitetailzombie

·
Registered
Mission Sub-1
1,007 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I bought lumenocks and found that with my arrows I needed to "trim" the tabs on the nocks just a bit to make them easier to turn off. If this is what you have be very careful not to OVER-trim the tabs. IMO there are better lighted nocks to be had though. JMO...
Thx GBM, the tabs on these insure the nock seats correctly. My concern is if I take too much off will the nock remain intact after being shot & while "passing through"?

·
Registered
15,567 Posts
Like you, I about had to use pliars to get them shut off. After a bit of trimming the tabs I could cut them off with my fingers rocking the arrow back and forth like Robertyb said. IF...you cut too much off you will have to go back and add some sort of shim to tighten them back up. A bit of elect tape worked for me. That's also the reason I said I thought there we better lighted nocks to be had.

I haven't tried these yet but plan to. Ive gotten some good reviews on them. Take a look...

https://www.amazon.com/s?k=XHYCKJ&ref=nb_sb_noss

·
Registered
16,627 Posts
I used to shave mine down but almost always ended up having to use a shim. They loosen up a tad but not enough to make much difference. If you have a set of arrow pullers grab the nock with them and barely rock it and the arrow weigh itself will cut them off.

·
Registered
784 Posts
You folks may want to try the NuFletch Iginitor nocks as they are easy to turn off. Down side the insert has to be removed & it is easily dropped. Mine have been working for at least 5 years so far.

Reactions: whitetailzombie

·
Registered
4,503 Posts
It shouldn't be difficult at all but, then again your using expensive cheapo stuff. I'm only posting this because of a sub 1 I saw blown up because of a stupid outdated moon nock and, in the past I have seen it mentioned by actual Mission pro shooters and, forum folks that they have safely used "Snap-On" nocks in sub 1's and, Firenock posted this on the Mission forum page. So good luck in your finding some expensive stuff that actually works. https://www.crossbownation.com/community/threads/firenock-with-missino-crossbow.101818/

·
Registered
Mission Sub-1
1,007 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Like you, I about had to use pliars to get them shut off. After a bit of trimming the tabs I could cut them off with my fingers rocking the arrow back and forth like Robertyb said. IF...you cut too much off you will have to go back and add some sort of shim to tighten them back up. A bit of elect tape worked for me. That's also the reason I said I thought there we better lighted nocks to be had.

I haven't tried these yet but plan to. Ive gotten some good reviews on them. Take a look...

Hey apologies for the delayed response, sometimes life happens...
Do let us know if you try these and your thoughts. I suppose this won't be a plug & play solution...
Happy New Year brother!

·
Registered
Mission Sub-1
1,007 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I used to shave mine down but almost always ended up having to use a shim. They loosen up a tad but not enough to make much difference. If you have a set of arrow pullers grab the nock with them and barely rock it and the arrow weigh itself will cut them off.
Perhaps I should get one however I have been using a piece of that material used under rugs to keep them from slipping...

·
Registered
956 Posts

They are nice GBM I am currently using them very easy to turn off.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.