Crossbow Nation banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
Good morning, everyone, 馃枑

This is Gilles Lavandera, I'm French. I create in 2020 my manufacture workshop of fully functional miniature weapons.
All my creations are unique handmade pieces. All my weapons are made to order and estimate, each copy is different from another.

I have a website Atelier Armes Miniatures > Creator of Functional Miniature Weapons, Gilles LAVANDERA, Craftsman

which allows you to choose your model and have a Chu Ko Nu, a medieval crossbow or a modern crossbow made to measure.

My YouTube channel > Gilles Lavandera

presents some examples of models already manufactured. At the time I used to do this as a hobby, now the quality of my production is superior.
My website is open for pre-orders, it will be fully operational (payment and transport) only from September.
Can you tell me what you think about my products and my sales site?
My website has been active since mid-June and few people ask me any questions or request a quote.
Are my products too expensive for you or do they not meet your expectations?
Miniature art is very confidential I know, but I think that people do not know that it exists.

Thank you for your feedback Gilles.

In the meantime, here is my latest creation >

Beautiful ...

Reactions: El Zurdo

IMO, your talent is off the charts. I share your love of the combination of art and mechanical, though my dedication falls well short of yours, and at 68, my eyes are no longer happy working on such a tiny scale. It obviously takes great determination, commitment, and a good deal of problem solving to create your amazing miniatures. I salute you!

Premium Member
Good morning, everyone, 馃枑

This is Gilles Lavandera, I'm French. I create in 2020 my manufacture workshop of fully functional miniature weapons.
All my creations are unique handmade pieces. All my weapons are made to order and estimate, each copy is different from another.

I have a website Atelier Armes Miniatures > Creator of Functional Miniature Weapons, Gilles LAVANDERA, Craftsman

which allows you to choose your model and have a Chu Ko Nu, a medieval crossbow or a modern crossbow made to measure.

My YouTube channel > Gilles Lavandera

presents some examples of models already manufactured. At the time I used to do this as a hobby, now the quality of my production is superior.
My website is open for pre-orders, it will be fully operational (payment and transport) only from September.
Can you tell me what you think about my products and my sales site?
My website has been active since mid-June and few people ask me any questions or request a quote.
Are my products too expensive for you or do they not meet your expectations?
Miniature art is very confidential I know, but I think that people do not know that it exists.

Thank you for your feedback Gilles.

In the meantime, here is my latest creation >
Very nice work and youtube video, you have posted it here before I believe.
As far as your website, it looks good.
The price for your creations is not in my budget, unfortunately.

Registered
Very nice work. You have talent for sure.

I dont know what purpose such a small scaled crossbow would have but it sure looks good!!!

Registered
They look awesome, man! The workmanship is epic and rad!!!
But,,,,, I like poke'n big bucks, not mice.... Sorry, lol, just say'n.

Registered
Discussion Starter #12
Thank you all for your kind comments on my work, it warms my heart. 馃憤(y)

If I summarize your feelings, you find my miniature weapons from nice to very amazing but none of you will buy them for 2 main reasons.
No use (except mice hunting) and high cost. Just one last question, now that you know that this kind of miniatures exist.
Assuming that your financial means will be very comfortable, would you buy a miniature crossbow? :unsure:

Yours sincerely Gilles

Registered
I agree, excellent craftmanship.
Now add some miniature broadheads, and we can go hunting mice indoors ... ;)
I have a killer cat that does that for me ! He is just a domesticated Main Coon and he terrorizes anything that's foreign to the house. He is a good mouser.. he just took a mouse out that found it's way into the house a few weeks ago. I wished I would've took a picture but I was just to preoccupied about rewarding the little bugger that it slipped my mind.

Registered
Thank you all for your kind comments on my work, it warms my heart. 馃憤(y)

If I summarize your feelings, you find my miniature weapons from nice to very amazing but none of you will buy them for 2 main reasons.
No use (except mice hunting) and high cost. Just one last question, now that you know that this kind of miniatures exist.
Assuming that your financial means will be very comfortable, would you buy a miniature crossbow? :unsure:

Yours sincerely Gilles
I would buy one just because they are so unique and a very good construction..

Registered
If my wife & kids wouldn't continuously drain the financial resources, I would get one, too.;)
Don't get me wrong - I build knifes myself occasionally, and counting the hours, I would need to sell them for 200...500 鈧, while one could get similar commercial knifes for a tenth of that price. And my one's are far from your craftmanship.
It's just not in my budget, currently.

Registered
I'd love having one to play with. 'Course there is a question about cost?!?

Reactions: El Zurdo

Registered
Just an idea here, but could it be worn on a chain around a dudes neck? That would sure make a statement...Or hang 'em from a truck's rear view mirror!

That's what I do with the rustic wooden crosses and old rustic square nails I do up on chains and leather straps. I get many possitive comments on them too!

Registered
I can see Rex and Jim playing with one of these in their offices instead of answering their phones......lol.....

Registered
Discussion Starter #20
If my wife & kids wouldn't continuously drain the financial resources, I would get one, too.;)
Don't get me wrong - I build knifes myself occasionally, and counting the hours, I would need to sell them for 200...500 鈧, while one could get similar commercial knifes for a tenth of that price. And my one's are far from your craftmanship.
It's just not in my budget, currently.
Ah, ah, :ROFLMAO: Yes, the same problem for all men...
Our children and our wife prevent us from buying the toys that would please us. :cautious:
In spite of the responsibility that comes with being in charge of a family, we all remain big children! ;)

1 - 20 of 37 Posts