Crossbow Nation banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Factory Representative
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
With over 90 industry-leading patents – each precision engineered to inspire performance at every draw – it’s easy to see why after 27 years, TenPoint STILL checks more boxes than the competition in building the industry’s highest quality, most durable, and most accurate hunting crossbows for sale.

Visit the following link to see a detailed breakdown of how TenPoint stacks up next to the competition: The TenPoint Advantage

·
Registered
Nemesis 480 & DeathStalker 380, I live near Greensburg PA. I enjoy building custom strings
7,307 Posts
I had a Titan SS that I sold to fund my Nemesis purchase and now wish I would've held onto it. It was a solid bow and accurate. I little on the heavy side but that was because it was built solid. I would still like to add another Tenpoint to my collection, someday.

·
Premium Member
3,011 Posts
With over 90 industry-leading patents – each precision engineered to inspire performance at every draw – it’s easy to see why after 27 years, TenPoint STILL checks more boxes than the competition in building the industry’s highest quality, most durable, and most accurate hunting crossbows for sale.

Visit the following link to see a detailed breakdown of how TenPoint stacks up next to the competition: The TenPoint Advantage

View attachment 181067
Impressive indeed.
Keep up the great work, TenPoint.

·
Registered
5,993 Posts
They have a lightweight in the M-370 at 5.8 lbs and it's narrow.

If you're looking for a higher performing bow that's narrow, short, very light and has all the new features, I'm not sure there is a logical design that can check all those boxes, be durable and be affordable. Maybe next year ;)

·
10,163 Posts
I love Ten Point … but that OP post is like opening one of those propaganda ad's in a magazine. I'd go easy on the "we're the greatest" immodesty. Comes across like Odell Beckham showing off in the end zone to me. Nothing in that "Ten Point Advantage" list curls my toes. Yeah, you're great, but there's other great around too. I've always appreciated Ten Points dignified presence on the forum where other manufacturers feared to tread. Keep it real. :)

·
Registered
617 Posts
I think they build excellent bows. Almost every one of them that I've owned have fit me extremely well. My only gripe with them has been their triggers...good grief Charlie Brown :-(
I will say that I was able to acclimate myself to the T5 in the Turbo M1 and Stealth NXT that I owned for a bit... should have kept that Turbo, it was light in weight and shot plenty fast enough for me. May just have to pick up another down the road.
I shot the new bows this past Winter at the Harrisburg PA Sportsman's show. I honestly liked the Vengent the best. The newest trigger is so-so in my opinion. Guess you'd have to get used to that too.

·
Registered
Nemesis 480 & DeathStalker 380, I live near Greensburg PA. I enjoy building custom strings
7,307 Posts
That's the one I would go with, if I were in the market for another bow and a TenPoint. It would be the Turbo M1 for sure... It's very similar to the Titan SS but with all the upgrades.

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
Always knew that the Tenpoints are well built bows with great customer service. But for years their speeds were on the conservative side (slower) which kept me from being serious enough to buy one. However, that all changed beginning with the Nitro X, Nitro XRT, and now with the awesome Vapor 470! I believe that Tenpoint now leads the pack with Ravin close behind...Ravin are lighter weight with a better trigger. Was always a Scorpyd fan (stiil own 2), but they are way behind in the cocking/decocking department. If I was in the market for a new bow it would probably be a Vapor 470 in graphite.

·
Registered
105 Posts
I have bought 4 Tenpoint crossbows over the years and never had an issue that Tenpoint did not take care of. I just bought a Vapor RS470 and it is the best one I have bought by far. It is super accurate as you can see from the photo below at 60 yards. They are really well built and they are are the only crossbow I will ever purchase.

Attachments

·
Registered
609 Posts
No doubt TenPoint has always been known for great customer service.. but I always thought you paid for the CS, that is why they were priced high compared to others shooting the same speed and the others were quieter and had better triggers. IMO, TP finally showed up to the dance THIS YEAR with the Vapor RS470... But the year isn't over!

·
Registered
89 Posts
Slanted view because I have only owned TenPoints. Did my research back when I first qualified for a crossbow permit (had to have doctor's certificate back 12 years ago in NC - now anyone can use them). Got on a few forums and saw that TenPoint stood behind their bows. I've owned 5 since and have not been disappointed. Only have two at the moment - sold others and kept upgrading. Not sure if I'm going to spend $2900 for the latest but I am tempted.

·
10,163 Posts
No doubt TenPoint has always been known for great customer service.. but I always thought you paid for the CS, that is why they were priced high compared to others shooting the same speed and the others were quieter and had better triggers. IMO, TP finally showed up to the dance THIS YEAR with the Vapor RS470... But the year isn't over!
Lotta truth … right there...lol Little reality mixed in with all the kumbaya. ;)

·
10,163 Posts
Gave my old one to a Wounded Warrior I was training for an archery hunt.

·
Registered
2,678 Posts
There may be others as good, or a certain model some feel is better, but one thing is obvious,,,, no one has been as successful, for as long as Tenpoint, NO ONE! That is one fact that can't be disputed!

·
Registered
2,678 Posts
Except Excalibur has changed hands, Rick Bedner started Tenppoint, and continues as the sole owner running the company. I love my Excalibur 's, but Toby is long gone, and an investment group now runs things,

Wasn't Tenpoint around before excalibur?

At any count, all my crossbow needs are covered by these two companies, but if I were to say one was better than the other, I would be splitting hairs, personal opinion, no one has done recurve better, or as long, as withcompounds, no one has done them longer, just my opinion but no one has done them better either!

Reactions: dynamo61
1 - 20 of 27 Posts