Crossbow Nation banner

How does this happen?

3K views 19 replies 10 participants last post by  earl69 
#1 ·
A couple weeks ago I purchased a Shadow NXT from an online (ebay) seller who has a very good reputation and a physical shop in WI. I was very confident that all would be as expected. I received the package all sealed up nice and neat in less than a week. Happy as a pig in mud at that point. I opened the box and all looked good at first glance, everything was in sealed up plastic bags. I eagerly started putting my new bow together, first the quiver. next the scope. I opened the sealed bag with the scope and sorta had an uneasy feeling. No where on the scope was there any marking at all and no literature was included of any kind. Regardless I mounted the scope and the next day I started the sight in process. Dialed in at 20, check. Back off to 40 to set the speed ring and that's where it all got ugly. First 3 shots all 6" low. Adjust the speed ring down, no change in POI, in fact regardless of where the speed ring is set POI doesn't change at 30, 40, etc. Still dead on at 20.

So now my first questions about the scope resurface and I do some checking on ten point's web site to see what I actually have. Turns out I believe that this scope is not anything ten point has any connection with what so ever. How it got in the box is a mystery to me.

I contacted the seller and he says he will send me the correct scope but it's been longer than I feel it should take to get it here. Granted it is a high package volume time of the year so it might just be delayed. Hopefully that is the case.

Here are a few pics of the scope, any ideas what it is? Or ideas how it ended up in a new ten point package? Not a great pic of the reticule but they are circles/dots from 20-100 yards. It should have been a ten point rangemaster.
Lens Optical instrument Cameras & optics Monocular Photography
Lens Cameras & optics Optical instrument Camera Camera lens
Green Eye Close-up Circle Auto part
Text Font Label

See less See more
#3 ·
Looks to me to be the latest version of the TP RangeMaster Pro with the new stepless illumination brightness dial. One came on my new TP Turbo MI a month ago. It is not on TenPoints website yet but a TenPoint Rep confirmed is as being so..

#4 ·
Looks to me to be the latest version of the TP RangeMaster Pro with the new stepless illumination brightness dial. One came on my new TP Turbo MI a month ago. It is not on TenPoints website yet.
Does yours have the 20-100 reticule? I'm certainly no expert on TP scopes so it could be but it sure doesn't match anything on their web site.

#14 ·
Good to know. Thank you. So should i be pursuing this with ten point as a warranty issue or expecting the seller to replace it? I did regester the bow as required to start the warranty.

#15 ·
Got this scope with my stealth nxt. I talked with tenpoint and they said yes it's a rangemaster pro with no markings on it to say tenpoint, no advertising, and no specifications on their website. My thinking on this is either this is not a tenpoint scope or the entire marketing department should have a reality check.

#18 ·
My wife's shadow has the same scope

You have to sight it in at 50 yards with the 50 yard circle then adjust the speed ring and it will hit where it is suppose to

Reason is the 50 yard circle is the centerline of the scope. Any scope that has a speed ring has to be zeroed with the center of the scope to work properly.

#19 ·
Thanks for all the feedback. I did talk to ten point yesterday and it is definitely the right scope for the bow I bought. So my apologies for insinuating that it was somehow not the correct accessory in the box.
I will be trying the 50 yard sight in and if that doesn't fix the issue tenpoint will replace the scope. My first experience with tenpoint customer service and I am a very impressed and happy customer.

#20 ·
There are a lot of good honest sellers on EBay . But there are some that are shady and very dis honest . It makes it hard on the honest ones , as they end up bein,g in the eye of distrust all the time . It’s a bad problem . Same thing with police , the biggest majority of them are wonderful fellows, it’s the few bad ones that we always hear about that stains the lot . It’s a shame but true . All hunters aren’t ugly , but what can I do about it , I was born that way

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.