Crossbow Nation banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
665 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well On the advise of guide Girl I contacted the various manufactures and explained my situation. For those of you that dont Know I feel 17 feet on to a concrete driveway in Nov of 06

I tried to work as long as I could and when I couldn't take the pain anymore they took me off work and then fired me for having surgery because there "dr said I was fine" So I had to file workmen's comp and of course they said I was fine

Well I have had 2 knee surgeries, a elbow surgery I have 5 bulging disk in my spine, I have a syrnix (syringomyelia) and a few other injuries

These are all related to my fall and since I cant work I have no income and my wife is preganet and un-able to work

So Times have been really ruff but I keep my head high

Well anyways I was told not pull a bow because of the neck issues so I had to switch over to a x-bow

Well Since I cant afford one I was looking to trade for one and nothing worked out

So On the advice of Guide girl (thank you so much) I contacted all these manufactures and explained my story

I have nothing to hide and offered to present mri reports and dr reports what eve was needed

Wel I got one (positive)response back and that was from Scott alread from Crosman Archery. He was very excepting of the fact that I was honest and trying to over come a obsticale (sp) and has blessed me with a brand new Teton Crossbow set up

I have agreed to promote his line of crossbow as much as I can because He was nice and kind enough to donate one to me

I am not proud of having to ask for one for free and when I get back on my feet, I will be returning the favor to someone that is in need like my self

So I am looking forward to is arrival and shooting again

look out world Rich is back on the scene with arrows in hand:party::D:rolleyes:

·
Registered
236 Posts
Sometimes even the strongest have to ask for help. You could have caved, but you did not. You picked yourself up and did what was necessary for you to be able to enjoy the sport of archery again. I hope you enjoy your crossbow.

·
Banned
364 Posts
Good for you!! If you find yourself needing some accessories to go with it; I'm betting that if you were to post your needs on this forum the fine folks here would be more than willing to help out. :rolleyes:

·
665 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
DaGriz said:
Good for you!! If you find yourself needing some accessories to go with it; I'm betting that if you were to post your needs on this forum the fine folks here would be more than willing to help out. :rolleyes:
thank you sir

I am the type that will give the shirt off my back and trust me when I get back On my feet I am going to be helping someone that is in need to the fullest extent Mark My words

God bless you guys

Rich

·
665 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Urban Legend said:
Mideerslayer,
Please let the Staff at Crossman Crossbow know about Crossbow Nation. I tried to email them with no response. I would like them to post any news or press releases about their new products.
Thanks, UL
you got it buddy

I just sent scott a email

thanks

Rich

·
Obsessed Huntress
5,583 Posts
Well thank the lord I did something on the good side this week! Awesome buddy! I'm so excited for you. Now we'll have to help you, help that company for your payment. You have the right heart wanting to help someone else down the road, so that's your payment to the others of the hunting community. Can't wait till you get ready for your first hunt. We want to hear all the details and the excitement of preparation, the hunt, and hopefully the harvest. Lots of pictures
to go with it all. Here's a huge smile for you. Can't you see it?

·
665 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I try to keep my head high, so My kids don't have to witness the troubled times that we are having

I might be banged up and in pain but I still have a love for my family friend's and Hunting

Those things I will never give up on, everything else is water under the bridge

I just take it one day at a time and see what the good lord has planned for me

Thanks for all the well wishes It means alot

God Bless

Rich

·
Obsessed Huntress
5,583 Posts
mideerslayer said:
I try to keep my head high, so My kids don't have to witness the troubled times that we are having

I might be banged up and in pain but I still have a love for my family friend's and Hunting

Those things I will never give up on, everything else is water under the bridge

I just take it one day at a time and see what the good lord has planned for me

Thanks for all the well wishes It means alot

God Bless

Rich
Dude,
You got that part wrong. Your kids already know, and that's a good thing as it's a learning tool for them as well as you. They need to know that the world is not perfect, it's not easy, and they need to learn from you how to cope with that, how to get around that, how to fix that, so they are better prepared when they are grown and have a situation. One thing I've learned is you can never hide anything from kids, because they always know, and they always know exactly what's in your house and where exactly it is weather you understand that or not. Kids don't like to have things hidden from them. So view it as a family thing, not just your thing. Ya'll are a team. A Family. What your going through is what they are going through so it's better to use it as a way to teach life's unperfect situations. Didn't your parents go through tuff times? You have no need to apologize to anyone, especially your family. You're not the first, you're not the last to experience hard times. Some of the older members can probably tell you about growing up during the depression. It taught those who lived it to be grateful for all they have now, and to be conservative. So don't dwell on what you don't have anymore, and accept it for what it is, and stop apologizing. Dwell on what you do have, and what you have learned from the experience. Tomorrow is another day, and this is just a chapter in your book of life. This stuff is what gives you character and experience to benefit you and your kids in the future. That's all it is.

·
665 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Guide Girl said:
Dude,
You got that part wrong. Your kids already know, and that's a good thing as it's a learning tool for them as well as you. They need to know that the world is not perfect, it's not easy, and they need to learn from you how to cope with that, how to get around that, how to fix that, so they are better prepared when they are grown and have a situation. One thing I've learned is you can never hide anything from kids, because they always know, and they always know exactly what's in your house and where exactly it is weather you understand that or not. Kids don't like to have things hidden from them. So view it as a family thing, not just your thing. Ya'll are a team. A Family. What your going through is what they are going through so it's better to use it as a way to teach life's unperfect situations. Didn't your parents go through tuff times? You have no need to apologize to anyone, especially your family. You're not the first, you're not the last to experience hard times. Some of the older members can probably tell you about growing up during the depression. It taught those who lived it to be grateful for all they have now, and to be conservative. So don't dwell on what you don't have anymore, and accept it for what it is, and stop apologizing. Dwell on what you do have, and what you have learned from the experience. Tomorrow is another day, and this is just a chapter in your book of life. This stuff is what gives you character and experience to benefit you and your kids in the future. That's all it is.
your right they do know, I just try to make it easier for them and try not to negative

It is a learning experiance for all of us and we will all come out on top.

I will raise them with the attitude of hard work =success

·
1,222 Posts
Glad to hear at least some things are working out for you.

And you even got another bow manufacturer in on this site...that's a good thing!

I wish you well, and have fun with your new bow.

Mike

·
1,426 Posts
it was a good suggestion that you let the forum know if you need anything or what it is you are expecting so that you can be aided as necessary... perhaps if there are other manufacturers or distibutors here then you can write a review or series of them on the product...
jsut a thought....
If I know what you are missing I may help...
I am alarmed at the way the system treated you too... is that the final word, I would think that you can get work compensation since you are still seeking medical treatment from the original injury..
e mail me if I can be of service... I am in La. of course and cannot actually do anything in Mich, but ask questions if you want to maybe you are not out of medical and financial options yet..
dk
dk

·
665 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Well to answer your question

Today was the worst day I have had yet. I had a appointment with the judge to do a facilitation meeting where both sides get together and try to work out a deal before it goes to a full trial

Well I get a email yesterday that the judge has to step out for a few days, and then today my lawyer calls me and advises me that One my new date is a month away and also that the state of Michigan Just passed a law at the supreme court level, that will make my case worth nothing, because im considered "un-skilled labor" I was in the landscaping field and most recent Installing sat for dish network, and is where I got hurt.

With this new ruling, no matter the injury if they can find me a job doing anything and it pays me my hr rate not inc all the overtime I was making I have to take it, even with my restrictions. They also will only have to pay a certain amount of my medical..

I still have a date to go to facilitation in a month, and then I will get a trial date sometime in the end of sept.

I don't understand why I have to be pushed back 4 weeks because this judge "step's out" why not push every one back a week

The moral of this is the State of Michigan wants to reduce w/c cases by 50%

I have a very ligitiment case and very serious injuries, but the law is aganist me now.

So my attorney said the best thing I can tell people is Not to work In Mi, because all they care about is the insurance companies and the big companies

So yeah times just got tuffer, Im hoping to hear of a settlement offer, something is better then nothing and I have applied for SSI, and that is a whole other story

So I was thinking along the lines of what you were saying, is becoming a "tester" for the different products and write reviews and field use them and maybe make a few bucks to support the family

Sorry for the long post:mad:

·
1,426 Posts
If they can find you a job can you get them to rehab you train u into another position ? if that is so, consider it well... just look at what options you do have and make your best choice...
If there is a limit to the medicals then that is bad, too... talk with your lawyer about it and see what he says the options are... I would be careful to be sure thre are all the options on the table... including the ones that will not make him as much money as it may benefit you...
I wonder if you have explored the other aspects that a greivous injury causes, just rely on your counsel but be aware that there may be more available treatment out there and more to a disability rating than jsut a physical ability to stoop bend lift stand and sit... concentration, recall, depression, inabiity to sleep, etc.... that is also a medical conditoin they may have to treat, and meds they have to pay for.. and settlment fodder such that once developed you may have more coming to you than at present..
hope this helps.
dk

·
Hunter
6,187 Posts
I Have dealt with the court system and attorneys for most of my life being retired from law enforcement and owning a private investigations agency.
Unfortunately with a lot of litigation as soon as some attorneys realizes there is no big money forthcoming or the client is not able to provide unlimited funds.
The case goes down hill fast,They cut and run.I understand even attorneys must make money,but I have seen cases go on for years,and as soon as the money runs out the attorney tells the client ,in civil cases ,take what they offer you.In criminal cases take a plea,and hope for the best
Hope this is not happening in your case.

·
665 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
SPECIALIZED said:
I Have dealt with the court system and attorneys for most of my life being retired from law enforcement and owning a private investigations agency.
Unfortunately with a lot of litigation as soon as some attorneys realizes there is no big money forthcoming or the client is not able to provide unlimited funds.
The case goes down hill fast,They cut and run.I understand even attorneys must make money,but I have seen cases go on for years,and as soon as the money runs out the attorney tells the client ,in civil cases ,take what they offer you.In criminal cases take a plea,and hope for the best
Hope this is not happening in your case.

I hope it is not happening, it just goes to show the one with most comes out on top and that is the insurance companies. They lobbied for this and got what they wanted:mad:

·
316 Posts
You are obviously a fighter Rich and will not lay down no matter what they do. You did a brave thing posting this thread and I know by doing so you are accepting the hand that you've been dealt and your character will be strengthened. You are a wonderful role model and father for your kids. I know the good people of this crossbow nation will support you. I'll continue to root for your team; Go Bucks! Take care.

Kutter

·
Hunter
6,187 Posts
Rich,has not posted for about 45 days,hope he is doing OK.

Will try to contact him.

I sent him a pm,hope he responds.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts