Crossbow Nation banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I changed out my string and cables this year and I shot it in at 20 then moved to 50 and it hit a little high maybe an inch or so it has always been dead on all the way out to 60, that all I can get in my back yard.
Well make a long story short I decided to get my coronagraph out to see exactly what the speed was on these new OEM string and cables I changed out. When my R10 was new I shot it and it shot exactly 400fps on the dot and now with these new ones im getting 415fps.
How is that possible?

Attachments

·
Registered
Sonoran Desert Arizona.
1,222 Posts
I changed out my string and cables this year and I shot it in at 20 then moved to 50 and it hit a little high maybe an inch or so it has always been dead on all the way out to 60, that all I can get in my back yard.
Well make a long story short I decided to get my coronagraph out to see exactly what the speed was on these new OEM string and cables I changed out. When my R10 was new I shot it and it shot exactly 400fps on the dot and now with these new ones im getting 415fps.
How is that possible?
Check your axle to axel measurement..

·
Registered
2,047 Posts
How is that possible?
It could be as simple as the new string was put on with more twists or was built a hair shorter. You have to document the ata n the timing when you first get your bow so when you do change your s/c’s you know what’s changed n what to expect

·
Crossbow Nut
5,384 Posts
I'm guessin could be shorter length or yer new threads weigh less than yer old set. Strand count, bundle diameter, type of material, amount of wax, length, diameter, and type of servings all makes a difference. Heavier string has the same effect as a heavier arrow when it comes to speed. Most shooters never even consider this.

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
It could be as simple as the new string was put on with more twists or was built a hair shorter. You have to document the ata n the timing when you first get your bow so when you do change your s/c’s you know what’s changed n what to expect
I hear ya, I didn't do none of those things before because I just didn't know I had to. I did shot it through the chronograph though when it was new..lol. I'm kinda stupid with these xbows..lol

·
Registered
2,047 Posts
I hear ya, I didn't do none of those things before because I just didn't know I had to. I did shot it through the chronograph though when it was new..lol. I'm kinda stupid with these xbows..lol
It’s good you shot it through the chronograph, more then I’ve done n I have one too. I am too n my stupidity teaches me what not to do for the next time. lol. It’s all good.

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
You may be right, it is light sensitive. It won't even work without the sun being out. And possibly more sun out yesterday than when I first shot my bow through it.
Makes since.
I'm in my hunting cabin now wish me luck..lol

·
Registered
78 Posts
How is that possible?
Dead on at 20yds, 1" high at 50yds. Let the good times roll !

·
Registered
2,047 Posts
You may be right, it is light sensitive. It won't even work without the sun being out. And possibly more sun out yesterday than when I first shot my bow through it.
Makes since.
I'm in my hunting cabin now wish me luck..lol
I agree this is possible but your poi had shifted and that’s why you used the chronograph so I’m inclined to trust the numbers of the chronograph accompanied with the poi n poa data.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts