Crossbow Nation banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Armed Citizen
1,918 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Our freedoms are being challenged every day. Our right to keep and bare arms is being undermined by the anti gun lobby as we speak. Our freedom to hunt is being challenged by anti hunters as we speak. Our freedom of speech and religion is challenged every day and as we speak.
The elitists groups like the proponents of the Brady bill and the assault weapons ban. Groups like peta and religious organizations. They all want to do your freedoms in from their stand point.

I'll bring up one memory from the 2nd grade. Keep in mind this was in the 70's and it was still ok to say the pledge allegiance to the flag. The class stood up for the morning pledge and I noticed this one new girl did not. Someone raised their hand and asked the teacher why Natalie did not recite it with the rest of us. She explained that Natalie was a Jehovah Witness and then educated us on what that religion was and how it functioned. Being a second grader we accepted and understood why she could not salute the flag because it was neither accepted by her religion or her parents. We felt sorry for her but we knew she would be in trouble if she tried to join us in our pledge. We did not tease or ridicule her or try to impose our will or values on her we just let it go.

As I got older I became fairly bitter about this. Coming from a military family and living the life of a navy brat. I often wondered how we could allow this anti patriotic group of religious fanatics to even live in this country. After all if they can't salute my flag and pledge allegiance before god and country why the hell are they allowed to live here? Over the years how did we resolve this issue? Well we removed the word god from the pledge. Shortly after that we removed the pledge altogether. HUMPH!

Now that so many states are struggling for the full inclusion of an archery weapon that belongs in archery season we see what I feel is my mind set of the anti patriotic actions of my second grade classmate when I got a little older. I just couldn't understand why it would be legal or accepted to not force them to salute the flag and pledge allegiance. If you can't say and do what I do you should not live here. I also felt they should be held legally accountable for refusing a blood transfusion if it resulted in death or involved a small child. In my mind set I was so convinced that the RIGHT thing was MY thing and should be accepted. You know what this type of thinking carbon copies? I'll point to the middle east where they have been fighting off petty differences since and before the birth of Jesus based solely on religious values and tradition.

Now I am in my 40's and I get it. I don't agree with it but I get it. They became strong enough and loud enough to eliminate my precious constitutional rights and pledge of allegiance from the schools that I send my children to. They prevent my favorite teachers from using bible references and they essentially poisoned any hope of my child from learning the freedom of choice on the subject by altering the curriculum. My 23 year old daughter and my 21 year old daughter are actually disgusted at the thought of me killing deer, squirrels, rabbits and birds. They grew up eating these things but they actually have dissent for me feeding them in this way. They are the future of all hunting. Society is making it a bad thing. My oldest daughter went vegetarian and I don't hold that against her but she ate meat while pregnant with my grand baby because she could not resist it. She blamed the baby for wanting meat and my genes must have had an influence.
This is the identical tactic of the anti crossbow group. If you feel like a crossbow is archery equipment that belongs in archery season then by all means fight for that.

·
264 Posts
Dan conversly if you feel the xbow doesn't don't you, shouldn't you fight equally as hard?

Well we removed the word god from the pledge. Shortly after that we removed the pledge altogether. HUMPH!

Dan did I miss something? I know there have been some attempts.

·
Armed Citizen
1,918 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Terry Williams said:
Dan conversly if you feel the xbow doesn't don't you, shouldn't you fight equally as hard?

Well we removed the word god from the pledge. Shortly after that we removed the pledge altogether. HUMPH!

Dan did I miss something? I know there have been some attempts.
It's mainly a regional preference. I live in a small town where the original is still commonly accepted. Over in the capitol it's left up to the individual communities. Some have removed it. I would not allow my son to attend a school system that does not practice patriotism. In 10 or 20 years the way things are going those will be hard to find. If you checked the MI communities where the Muslims are dominant I bet those schools have removed it or altered it. At the very least you will find half the classroom seated and not participating in the pledge. I can not say for sure about MI however.

·
221 Posts
BTW, God is with a CAPITOL G, if you use god it indicates a polytheistic god such as the Greek or Egyptian mythology.

Unless you are talking about Mars or Aphrodite or Isis please be kind enough to acknowledge that you are referring to God mentioned in the Pledge of Allegiance.

·
Administrator
6,085 Posts
StoredEnergy said:
BTW, God is with a CAPITOL G, if you use god it indicates a polytheistic god such as the Greek or Egyptian mythology.

Unless you are talking about Mars or Aphrodite or Isis please be kind enough to acknowledge that you are referring to God mentioned in the Pledge of Allegiance.
Letz knot tern thiz intu a spelln' bee or relijus dibait.:D

·
Armed Citizen
1,918 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Urban Legend said:
Letz knot tern thiz intu a spelln' bee or relijus dibait.:D
Oh then I guess I should not point out the context in which he used CAPITOL should be spelled CAPITAL? Ok UL got it and I won't do that;)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts